The U.N. Threat to Internet Freedom

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by EncryptedBytes, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

Source

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

The article is extremely biased, which can be seen from the first paragraph (the mentioning of China, Russia and Putin). It is 99% propaganda and 1% information. :thumbd:

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yes, I tend to agree. It's a bit right-wing utilitarian FUD if you ask me. o_O

4. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

The twisted use of the word 'foreign' in such pieces never ceases to amuse me. But hey - Langley, Virginia :D

5. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

'...Modernization and reform can be constructive, but not if the end result is a new global bureaucracy that departs from the multi-stakeholder model.
    ...a partial list of proposals that could be codified into international law next December at a conference in Dubai is chilling:
    • Establish for the first time ITU dominion over important functions of multi-stakeholder Internet governance entities such as the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, the nonprofit entity that coordinates the .com and .org Web addresses of the world...
    '

Heh, having a former multi-stakeholder model representative NCSC/DHS top-dog at the ICANN and the multi-stakeholder model organization US Department of Commerce having their own little root-zone file there, are probably prime examples of the global multi-stakeholder model, favoured in the article? :p

6. addi6584

addi6584 Registered Member

umm ever been to china?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.