The pop-up ad campaign from hell

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by spy1, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

O what tangled websites, lies
    When scumbags code to advertise...

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

~eyes Spy1 carefully~ ~LOL~

next time i click on his links i'm going to be in FULL armour and standing at a distance with the mouse click at the ready!! ~laughing~

i think i must have clicked half a dozen times before i could read that page!  Whoa!

[~directs herself to the anti-popup tools~]  ;)

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

snapdragin - Sorry about that! I use Opera most of the time and didn't experience any pop-ups.

Hmm. Used IE5.5 w/SP2 to go to the site and no pop-ups.

Tried Netscape 4.7 and got one small ad in a separate window.

Okay, what browser (and version of it) are you using?

Do you use IE-SPYAD (if you're using IE,that is) ? Pete

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

~laughing~  well it was a good TEST!!

i was using IE 6 and had my settings on prompt for cookies.....darn close to taking it off that prompt too....think i laughed through each click of the mouse and thought...my word he's testing our cookie-shields (which of course i have none) ;)

i don't have IE-Spyad but after i am done reading through ALL the forums for Spyblocker...i'll start on IE-Spyad----------but being verrrrrrrrry careful what i click until i decide on which one i'm going to mess up my system with. ~LOL~

[hr]
    (clarification on "mess up my system"------means it is usually NOT the program...but the wanna-be programmer------me  :D !)

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Snap,

I can highly advice the use of IE-SPYAD, along with the right settings of the restricted zone of IE.
    I have almost no experience with SpyBlocker, so I better leave that one to others (for example Mickey knows a lot about it).
    For cookie-control you could use for example CookieWall (free) from AnalogX, but there are also lots of other utilities for that.
    And, on a side-note, to further make your IE more secure, you could use IEClean; not free but I like it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.