The Personal Firewall is disabled most likely due to its installation being corrupted

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mechano, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mechano

mechano Registered Member

I have a Windows XP SP3 machine that I did a a rebuild on a few months ago, whick keeps coming up with an error message about the "ESET Personal Firewall initialization failed".

So far I have been unable to resolve the issue. The only solution I have is to remove and re-install ESS, but this only solves the problem for a while. The problem appears again a week of so later.

I've attached a screenshot of the error message and would have uploaded a Sysinspector report but the forums don't acept .zip files

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. mechano

mechano Registered Member

It's been a while since I first left the message, but I've been waiting for the problem to rear it's head again.

Followed the instructions for removing and only found files in the users app data folder, which I removed after rebooting. Then have re-installed and will monitor it to see if it plays up again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.