The handle is invalid? - message????

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dboley, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dboley

dboley Registered Member

Operating Process Guard in "normal" non-learning mode. Notepad has not yet been run since Process Guard has been loaded so nothing is known about it. When I start Notepad I receive this message - The handle is invalid. If I run Notepad in Learning mode it then functions ok in "normal protected" mode. Let's assume that I do not trust Notepad. What steps should I take when I receive the error message? If I am "Joe Six-Pack" customer I do not have a clue if this program is good or bad. Even a "knowledgeable customer" may be fooled into believing that they have a pristine copy of a known good program when, in fact, it has been modified. Non-learning mode the receive the Handle error or in learning mode they just infected their PC.

===========================================

I believe that I had the option to block execution of new or chnaged programs checked. Thus the odd message. Perhaps the message presented could be more informative. Anyhow, that option stays off for now.

Dick

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Yes this option blocks all access to programs if they have not already been allowed. It should be used VERY sparingly.

Unfortunately the error message you saw came from Windows, not from ProcessGuard. Changing this message is not really an easy option at all.. we will see what we can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.