"The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer"?

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by macit, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macit

macit Registered Member

I received two external LaCie d2 Quadra HD (500GB and 2TB) recognized as NTFS on Windows XP and Windows 7.

The same disks attached on a Mac with OS X 10.6.4 and NTFS for OS X 8 brings up a popup window "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer". I disabled NTFS for OS X 8 -> same thing.
    I tried on another Mac with OS X 10.5.8 with the Paragon driver -> same thing.
    I tried with Tuxera NTFS -> same thing.

I checked the disks on Windows with Disk Management and I can't see anything wrong. What else can I do? Is that a known issue?

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

There could be problems with the file system integrity or NTFS version, have you tried running Windows check disk?

If that does not find any issues, or fails to repair them, I would recommend reformatting the drives using Windows or one of Paragon's disk utilities, such as Partition Manager Free Edition:

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/pm-express/download.html

3. rmengelers

rmengelers Registered Member

Hello,

I running 10.6.4 64 bit in this mode the NTFS-disk is not mountable!
    When I switch to 32-bit the NTFS-disk is mount!
    I'm running version 8.0o_O o_O o_O

greetings,
    Ron

4. macit

macit Registered Member

Sorry replaying so late, I was out of office.

The disks are from customers for File sharing, so formatting in this case is not an option.
    I checked again with Disk Utility on Mac and it's showing up 2 Partitions, an Empty one and a 3MB Partition that I can't modify (Screenshot). Maybe the 3MB Partition is causing "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" and so the NTFS Partition on the Mac is not recognized.

Matt you're right, formatting will solve the problem. I don't know what the Customer did.

regards

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.