The Dark Side of Google Chrome

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lotuseclat79, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have tried compatibility mode. It does not work, although the site worked well in IE8. The problem does not affect transactions, but some interactive graphical information.

Normally the problems I get with financial sites are the opposite -- that is, sites do not work with FF or Chrome, but they do with IE (typical problem: I click on an action box, and nothing happens).

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hmmm, you guys are complaining about Chrome yet you are using Beta, Dev and Canary versions? :D
    What can we expect from "Beta" and "Dev" builds :rolleyes:

3. guest

guest Guest

Didn't like at all. Hardly relevant article.

4. x942

x942 Guest

Ummm... I never said google sent anything back. That was old news (back when chrome came out and sent a unique ID back). I take out everything "privacy" related making it mimic iron but compiled myself. I also compile it with --safe-plugins and --incognito enabled by default. I only meant compiling ensures you remove anything you don't want - and improves performance. Sorry for the confusion in my post.

Also what does HTTPS://google.com have to do with anything? That solves nothing with TOR issues. Although I use SSL google for all normal browsing ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.