The Cleaner

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by sir_carew, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    I know that TDS or TH are better, but how is The Cleaner?, it's a good AT program?
    Thanks, any opinion or idea is accepted ;)

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

No offense intended - mediocre at most.

regards,

paul

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I use The Cleaner on here because I can't seem to get TDS-3 to deploy right on the "Family" profile - nor can I get TDS-3 to start consistently without locking up if I auto-start it with Windows.

Since The Cleaner doesn't suffer from either of these problems, it's the one that starts with Windows on both profiles.

Is it any good? Ask me if I ever get hit by a Trojan (hasn't happened yet - I don't count the NetDevil trojan that my son purposely put on here some time ago - besides, NOD32 caught that [didn't have TC installed at that time]).

Have you tried out xxxx yet? Pete

x-out - please stick to the subject from this thread - paul

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Sir_Carew :)

Check this test site out.. sure you will recognise a name in the link. ;)

http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/trojans/tr-tests.htm

Cheers, TAS

EDIT: Here is another site reviewing diff AT's... virtually the same results.

http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/

PS: Just make sure you click on each "Click Here for full review" link. Very interesting. *puppy*

5. Trans

Trans Registered Member

Paul
    (and Tassie_Devils)
    There are continuous program upgrades and updates recently at all modules,more than 10 last three months.
    Is this fact considered by you and the team here in Wilders ?
    Is it possible they have improved much?

It seems they are trying hard and care enough for the
    program.:)

I myself found The Cleaner running smoothly with not a single problem when I tried it but I'm completely ignorant
    when it comes to its detecting and cleaning abilities :D

6. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello Trans and welcome to Wilders! ;)
    First of all thanks to all for the replies.
    I'm using TC and it's decent, but KAV, Dr.Web and NOD32 detect more of my trojan collection than TC. (NOD detect more because I send my trojans to ESET :p)
    The problem of TC is that many times they add more worms and spyware than trojans.
    I wish that people will post more ideas and opinions ;)

7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Trans. :)

Yes, you maybe right re they care and are updating modules, etc., however, so are the other vendors, etc, and they are *still IMO* way ahead.

As for running smoothly, well that was a + in reviews and many many programs can run smoothly but not necessarily as effective as others.

Truely, the only way is to try each app. but you really cannot evaluate it properly unless it has been put thru it paces via testing them out on Trojans, which is in itself risky unless you know what you are doing, hence the dependency on reviews.

When I first went to get an AT, I read and read everything that was available on the web I could find, and eventually settled on TDS, even though it has a major learning curve, it can still be used by a "newbie" straight out of the box, once some simple configurations are done.

The many many tools listed in TDS I would not have a clue how to run/use/work to my advantage, but, nor do I care. I simply want it's RTM to monitor my .exe's when starting, etc. It has several "layers" of protection on that side of things so I am extremely confident.

Also, with the impending release of v4.0, it's apparently going to be so mind blowingly awesome, that other vendors will see nothing but dust in it's wake. ROFL. *Sorry to go 'off topic' slightly just my opinion. :D

Cheers. TAS.

8. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Careful - the subject of this thread is The Cleaner - Paul might delete anything else you mention. :rolleyes: Pete

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

'Remove' I would say ;). Please ladies and gents, stay on topic indeed.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.