The Cleaner

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by owziee, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owziee

owziee Registered Member

I'm using the cleaner and I would like to know if it's any good since I can't afford buying another anti-trojan program right now. I'm also using NOD32 v2.

I see that The Cleaner can't handle polymorphic trojans, is that really an issue at this point?? I've on the other hand heard that The Cleaner has a huge database which must be good.

Please lmk what you think about The Cleaner.

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I use the Cleaner.

You can find a lot of information at the Moosoft forum.
    There will be a new version (upgrade) soon.

I really like the monitoring components myself.
    The scanner has options that I like.

I don't test A/T programs for trojan detection types,so that's a question better left for an expert or the developer himself.

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

On a side-note:

You said that you can't afford at the moment buying another anti-trojan.

Just only to inform you:
    Did you know that there is a new version of The Cleaner coming?
    The Cleaner Professional 4.0 RC 1.
    http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/download.php
    I cannot tell you much about it (I haven't installed it yet). For more info I would suggest to go to the Moosoft-forum:
    http://www.moosoft.com/forum/

4. controler

controler Guest

Hi

I have been using the Cleaner for some time now.
    Currently I am using RC1 build 4061.

The Cleaner has a stealth mode with uses the same technique
    as teh Anti-Keylogger software people. Cleaner uses random generated file names to elude maleware from dissabling it.
    Below is quoted fron the Cleaner help file. I have not seen any conflicts as of yet
    using the Cleaner. The Cleaner has a very user friednly interface (BLAZE) he he

"Stealth Mode uses randomized filenames and removes main window titles to evade so called "AV Killers". These are added on to Trojans and Worms to clear their path for infection by removing your defences. In this mode you will not see The Cleaner, TCActive! or TCMonitor in a normal task list although they will still appear in a process list.
    Using the Stealth Mode tool TC Mode you can switch modes at any time."

5. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I've been using The Cleaner for almost 2 years without any problems. Version 4.0 RC1 has some great new features. The scanning speed vs. version 3.5 has improved greatly. Database updates probably average 3-4 a week if not more. Version 4.0 RC1 is a beta release, and I believe it is set to expire in Nov. 2004. Discussions are ongoing as to what the price should be, but nothing (as far as I've read) has been decided yet. It's a great program though and worth the price!! :D

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

The Cleaner is together with TDS and BOClean the oldest anti-Trojan programs.

I'm happy to see frequently updates in the last months, and a new version coming. :)

Of course only some tests will show how it performs, but that goes for any scanner (nothing new with respect to that).

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi Beetlejuice,

The upgrade policy for the Cleaner was posted sometime today at the Moosoft forum.

The scan speed improvement is noticable here too.Stealth mode is a nice feature that I have been using.

I heard that the RC1 expires in Nov. also.
    I'm thinking Nov.1?
    That might be.The beta updates have been frequent.

I agree with your assessment of the new version.
    It's definitely worth a look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.