The Cleaner comparison, just wow…

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Matt_Smi, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

So I was checking out the website for the cleaner today and I just had to laugh at their “comparison” http://www.moosoft.com/products/cleaner/compare/ I was never even considering the purchase of their product, but now I think of them as a joke, I mean honestly they give no information about the test and they have AVG as scoring higher than TDS and Trojan Hunter! Also very nice that the cleaner detected a nice even 10,000 trojans! It is pretty clear that the “test” they did was either setup in their favor or never done it all, it honestly looks to me like they just make up some random figures and then make a cute bar graph, pretty low in my book.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No problem. :D

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

There MIGHT have been an actual test, & it MIGHT have covered 10,000 something-or-others. After all, if Cleaner's folks possess a collection of specimens, then their program will include signatures for that collection. Thus, if they used 10K specimens from their own collection, it shouldn't seem surprising that their program has sigs for ALL of them. That's why in-house tests are iffy at best, & independent testing is waaaaay better.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  4. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

...and I thought no "moo" awards for a company named Moosoft was suspicious.

5. 50000000

50000000 Registered Member

its very old comparison

Updated: September 20th, 2003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.