The Browser War 2007 [Poll Link]

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TairikuOkami, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

IE7, Firefox, Opera – The Browser War Is On! Vote Now! - [Poll Link]

Well, this is not really a security topic, but it is a great for all, who like flame wars.
    Though the results are interesting, since FF already gain 2 times more votes than IE.

I allways wonder, how it is possible, that FF rules in those polls, when IE is the most used?
    Maybe, because IE is mostly used in companies, so home users are far away from IE's usage?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I believe its just the people who vote in the poll. There could hundreds and thousands of consumers who use IE but don't know of or take part in the poll.

3. TairikuOkami

True, IE is used mostly by people, who do not know about other browsers, internet and etc.
    I guess, that it will be never possible to say, how many users really use that or that browser.

4. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I was surprised by the number of votes Opera got...the link must be posted at Opera community. It seems that every Opera-user must have voted lol

5. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

I'm sorry. I just don''t sound tough talking about Opera, Prefer K-Meleon,

6. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Correct and correct.:D
    I'd add that most people just use what's there in front of them.

7. TairikuOkami

Someone told me, that people use IE, because they think, that IE = internet. [​IMG]
    As the matter of fact, in order to start IE, I just have to say: "Start Internet". [​IMG]

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ye people think the blue E connects you to the internet and is the only way to use the internet:D
    but these days more and more people are catching on to FF
    lodore

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

It isn't even a fair war, the average user will use IE, because it comes with Windows. If such a user uses Firefox or Opera, it's an incident like a genetic mutation in nature.

10. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

plus 1 :p

11. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

There are a lot of people who just use a machine, they did'nt pick IE or Firefox, its just there, these people also wont vote because they did'nt really choose, they just used whats already there.

12. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

*** WARNING ***

If you visit the forum on there be VERY careful, as a large number of Malware infested sites have been posted. Some of these link directly to the fake Codec Trojan Zlob.

I've just posted a few warnings on there which will hopefully prevent more people falling for their nasty tricks.

StevieO

13. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

That site is so messed up
    There is no relevance to anything there other than perhaps the earnest voters putting their hands up for Opera.

Prolly the only real way to know is for polling of a couple of big sites : heh; ? Google.com: for one to see which browsers are connecting.

How else to get proper sample of any kind o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.