Thanks Todd

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-Rescue Forum' started by silat, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silat

silat Registered Member

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Todd for the original FDISR. It was/is a great product and I for one will miss it as I've moved up to windows 7 64.
    We all spent a lot of time hoping that a new product was going to come that would encompass all of the attributes of original FDISR, but that is not to be (at least at this point in time). Currently, there is no other product to fill the niche that the original FDISR filled. I will certainly miss this, but I will find other ways to protect myself.
    I do understand the disappointment and frustration that people have been expressing due to the original version not being available any longer.
    It is not personal guys and gals :)
    The rights to the original FDISR are no longer in Todd’s control due to a contractual issue. It would have been nice if Todd had put our wishes ahead of his business needs. NOT!! :)
    What happened to the original version is just the normal course of business and I wish Todd great success.
    Let us hope that Todd has other products under his sleeve for us.
    Cheers to Todd for such a great product!!

2. subset

subset Registered Member

FD-ISR works with 7 x64, so why will you miss it. o_O

Cheers

3. silat

silat Registered Member

I know it works with a hack.
    I was just thanking him for all he has given us.

4. subset

subset Registered Member

Oh, I see, then I'll also miss it with 7 x64.

Cheers

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

It's too bad Todd couldn't sneak one more update to just allow FD-ISR to be used with WIN 7. Then all us present owners of the original FD-ISR could continue to use it with out being a techie. :)

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

It would have been great if Todd could have done certain things, but he could have lost his shirt inside of a legal agreement. As I kind of said once before, not knowing his exact family and financial situation, I might have made the same business decision.

For those of you who are hurting over not having the classic FD-ISR for Windows7, and I am one of you who are hurting: walking in the fresh air and sunshine in the park with my family compared to sitting in front of these $%*#* computer sceens and enslaving myself to other person's egos because of what THEY want out of of a software program that I developed, or whatever Todd's situation and purposes in life are, this would have been a no-brainer. He has already done a bunch of good for many folks, now his family (or fresh air and sunshine if he has no family) must come first. Even though I hate the outcome, I must applaud the decision: WE MUST STOP BEING SO SELFISH.

Acadia

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  7. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Does anyone know who has the rights to ISR??

8. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Todd, obviously. I would think he would have said who if he isn't bound otherwise and so inclined.

9. Teknokrat

Teknokrat Registered Member

No:
    I would like to take the opportunity to thank Todd as well. Both for an amazing product, but also for the generous support provided here.

regards,
    T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.