Temporary Freezes

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Joe_S, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe_S

Joe_S Registered Member

Since partitioning my computer and external hd I now have temporary freezes when accessing the new partitions on both drives . It lasts 1-2 min and they are sporratic. I've ran check disk but it shows no errors. I suspect something may be corrupt. I've got Version 10.0 build 2117 . Any suggestions other that the temp freeze everything seems to work ok.
    Joe

2. Lowtrawler

Lowtrawler Registered Member

What operating system are you using? The symptoms you describe are the same as start to appear with Windows Vista prior to you losing your entire system. If you are using Vista or have previously installed Vista, DDS is not compatible with that operating system and you should backup all your important files before doing a complete reinstall.

3. Joe_S

Joe_S Registered Member

I've got XP home edition all updated it's a Dell Dimensions 8200 with 1 gig of ram and I have have not had vista loaded on it. I never had this trouble before partitioning. The freeze seems to be on only the newly created partitions. It only occurs when I try and access files on the partition. I can add to files there without problems. I sometimes wonder how well companies test the new software before release!
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.