TDS4

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tutankamon, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi all,
    Having read most of the posts on TDS4 can we start a new thread on what WILL be included in TDS4?
    We have all expressed our "wish lists" or desires, as to what we would like. Now is the time to be told what we are actualy going to get on its release.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Tutankamon,

Nobody knows, only the guys from DiamondCS ;)
    Let's be patient please. I'm sure Wayne, Gavin and Jason will tell us when the time is there ;)

Cheers, Jan.

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:cool:blaze pounds his fist i dont know them dcs family asking for it lol

i been perty loyal perty pathient espechialy one who suffers from a.d.d lol

but even i have limits

i say we go bum rush there main base at dcs private foirum anarchy anarchey whos with me lol

lmao lol gigling :D

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

What happened to your wooden spoon Blazey?
    It's been explained over and over again, we are using several of the technologies to be included into the TDS-4 family right some time already, so what's the complaint?
    OK, yes, we want it all and in the meantime surprises are prepared for us while we're secured to the best of possibilities in the meantime.
    Why not waste your time in some creativity, nice bars, scripts, there's one to change the color of the lines in your TDS GUI in the UserSubmitted scripts, etc. Go playing with it, have a script starting the msagent startbutton script i ever sent you to have all your programs started voice commanded, etc etc, you've lots to do! Maybe you can do something with your beloved face messages to include, whatever you can think of.
    Have fun with TDS oh and don't forget to have it remote controlling your coffee machine and calling the local pizza store!

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Blazie, TDS3 is still the best overall Anti-Trojan system around, regular updates & support that is second to none.
    To raise TDS to the next level is an awful lot of very hard work, research & development. You are already seeing the benefits of this work and research in the guise of Port Explorer & the innovative, one & only, Process Guard.
    All this work has been necessary because of the new and very dangerous malware species which, fortunately, are not generally around in the wild as yet.
    TDS4 is being designed, developed and implemented with all this in mind.
    So please be patient - The best is worth waiting for :D

6. Mr.Blaze

:D yeah but come on even you guys have to admit after two years its like you know.

plus arnt you guys beta testers if so i guess you couldnt know how it feels to wait as you are playing with the new stuffs now lol

if that the case cant expect us to be sympthiatic lol

not after what feels like two years

think about it two yers 4 or 5 new products but the one you been waiting for lol

gets a littile blaze pull out hair yeah that feeling

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Blazie, We want the new products as much as you! But we also want it to be right and still the best, though I can understand your frustration :(

8. Mr.Blaze

:D see thats all you had to say normaly we get just this reply

or this

usealy gets old however when you add this

it makes a huge big big difrence cause it shows you do care and understand and it dont sound like marketing or damage control and that your right aside with the consumer it really does

that calm me dowen

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Blaze! i can't believe my eyes! Is that you? Hair growing back on bald hairs teared out head and -- even used a spellchecker?! Wow! Now that looks all great!

10. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Hey Blaze............ yesterday you couldn't even spell spellchecker...know you is one :D ....ya love buddy :)

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Interesting that "dowen" has now entered the English language :D :p

12. tutankamon

Hi all,
    Wil TDS4 have wormguard or a similar utility built in? The reason I ask is I am using the trial version at the moment, I would hate to buy the full registered version and then find out that it is included in TDS4.

13. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

WG4 will be a seperate product, licenced WG3 users will get a free upgrade :)

14. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Blaze,
    I think that you and I are on the same page regarding this topic. Getting Jooske to join us on this page is another story. I'm not sure she's even in the same chapter. I feel your pain and I'm glad to finally hear that others are starting to become sympathetic to our feelings. I only wish that the developers would stop developing new products and keep their attention focused on developing the long, long, long awaited TDS-4 that's been promised.

15. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Heres the question. Is it worth delaying TDS4 to complete low level research. The answer ? well..

First think of Process Guard as just 1 BROAD signature for a scanner - although instead it covers a near infinite number of certain types of trojans. FWB and rootkits are THE tech that trojan writers have spent the last year or 2 researching so they could attack you. This will be really stealthy they think, lets use CreateRemoteThread, great

And PG gives Execution Protection, PREVENTION not cure of a rogue DLL inside a trusted process, with the ability to do _anything_ because it is in there FIRST, before the scanner comes along.

Now.. on the other hand an advanced scanner, that uses signatures for trojans but it still only detects something once that trojan is out there and being used. Ok it has advanced cleaning methods and injects into apps if it needs to, to remove said rogue DLL, or can even find most rootkit drivers by querying kernel memory directly. You wish :) sorry no, maybe it can inject, if its not blocked by a trojan. Maybe it can find a driver, considering that a rootkit driver could prevent other driver installs, like TDS4DRIVER.SYS. If TDS4 uses a driver to probe kernel memory, whats to stop a trojan thats already on the system stopping it from scanning at all ? The best TDS4 could do in that case is say WARNING could not achieve kernel mode, possible danger.

Which is better ? block the infection of course ;) Install PG on a known clean system before ever exposing it to any danger

16. Mr.Blaze

:D"Layman terms" translation tds 4 will be the shizzzznit when it comes out and will be more developed then process guard

we just wanted to hook you all with some protection algaints these new advance threats cause tds 4 isnt complet

so rather have you wait for a solution we offer you a good arternitive to give you all protection now

is that the jest of it

cause if it is thats all you had to say lol

:Dthat flys good with me

that makes more since to me then all that other stuffs lol

17. tutankamon

Hi Gavin,
    Thanks for the reply on WG. Next question, you mention Process Guard as being a result of your compiling TDS4, as PG is not for windows 9* or ME, will TDS4 run fully on earlier windows versions?

18. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yes, since its just a scanner really, execution protection might work a little differently - and be faster on XP than 98 say, but thats probably not going to be all that noticable either. TDS4 scanner and active will run on Win98 at least and probably even 95 since it can use less features on an OS which doesnt support those features - look at TDS-3 and the NT only options and there are similarities..

Windows 98 also doesnt have the same attacks from the same angles hence the protection is very different. Windows 98 users hardly have to worry about true driver rootkits, VXD trojans (sort of the same as a SYS rootkit on XP) are not developed by anyone out there and not a similar threat at all. There are who knows how many hundred coders out there making rootkits and variants of rootkits, it sure seems like a lot heading that way.

19. tutankamon

Hi Gavin,
    Thanks for your reply, you make it seem like XP is less desirable than 98 / ME. is it?

20. Mr.Blaze

well yeah kinda

if you compare the security holes in xp and anything befor it you will see xp needs more patch's and-security updates then any other operating system

plus microsoft almost exact words when it was called Whistler befor it was named xp was why add security if a burgler wants in your car bad enough he will eventualy get in

microsoft was warned about the xp problems 6-7 months befor its release or more

the guy that had a phone conference was in-utter shock of microsoft reply

he said yeah if some one is going to break in to my car i would at least had locked the doors rather then making it easy for them to get in.

xp was launched and you seen the result massive critical updates

xp is good so long as you update the hell out of it and do hours of configuration to start up and ruining process lol

so yup xp is kinda a nightmare

i feel it more eye candy with a few more useful things now that i ran it into the ground

21. tutankamon

Hi Mr Blaze,
    Thanks for your input on XP, I think maybe I`ll mark time before upgrading. As long as TDS4 works o.k. on my ME system, I will wait a while longer. I dont need "eye candy".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.