TDS3 won't load

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Lady Lilith, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith Registered Member

My husband installed TDS3 and went to run the program and it won't do anything , no error message ..........nothing. Please help ! He has tried renaming the exe and tried uninstalling and reinstalling even downloading a second time but TDS3 will not start. TDS3 works great on my computer . Please help if you can, Thanks a lot * smiles * in advance.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Lady Lilith and welcome!
    Which windows version is your husband using?
    Did he install as an administrator and trying to run it from a user account f.e.?
    Does it install properly without any error message?
    Can you check if all the required program files are uptodate?

Also it could be advisable to start TDS manually after windows startup, not together with it.

Is there a firewall or other security installed which might block the program from running at all an block accessing the trusted zone for instance?

3. Lady Lilith

He is running Win XP Professional and he is the Admin. We both have WinXP Professional on our computers and we both run ZoneAlarm Pro. We both have The Cleaner and Dr.Web but he also uses AVG anti-virus but I don't. We both have PestPatrol and AdAware. He has no problems installing TDS3 , no errors etc. but when the install reboots his computer after installing TDS3 and he tries to run it nothing happens, but when he hits control alt delete to see what's running it says TDS3 is running though the program never comes up on the desktop or on the taskbar. TDS is not set to start with Windows, he does it manually

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Chinese or Japanese language supoport enabled? this could cause TDS not to load.
    And the taskbar not locked which would also not show the TDS icon in the taskbar?

5. Lady Lilith

He can't get it to come up to see if the Chinese or Japanese language suppport is enabled or disabled. Absolutely nothing happens when he clicks on the desktop icon to start TDS3, just an hourglass for a second then nothing ................*sighs *

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sorry, i mean chinese or japanese language support on the system, it's no part of TDS. I have for instance those languages somewhere installed on my system just in case i ever visit websites in those languiages, but normally i don't have it active.

Else there could be missing or overwritten a required systemfile although i doubt as XP would have warned for such occasions.
    Check these on the website http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=files
    Note from that site:
    "PLEASE NOTE - Windows XP users should not need to update any DLL files. In rare cases, check the versions of your tabctl32.ocx, richtx32.ocx and in some cases comdlg32.ocx, these could need updating. These most important files listed first, they will solve a problem where the TDS console does not visibly appear yet is running."
    And the VB6sp5 runtimes.

I ever installed it on somebody's XP who had the taskbar locked for icons to appear there, which caused the same symptoms with TDS only visible in the taskmanager and not accessable in any way. After he unlocked that and after starting TDS i configured that to minimize to systray instead and unlocked that taskbar and no problems since.

Your AVG should not be any problem either, more people run that combination without problems.

Make sure in ZAPro TDS gets permission to access the trusted and internet zone, you can block it for running as a server, you might like to give it permission to send out emails (for intrusion alerts)

7. Lady Lilith

The only language that is enabled is English and his taskbar is not locked

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Again, check the required system files, see link in message above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.