Tds wont update definitions

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by timnicebutdim, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timnicebutdim

timnicebutdim Registered Member

My TDS won't update its definitions, it says that the database is already up to date. However the last time it was updated was 20/2/05 but on the tds website - http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/ , it says the last update was 23/2/05.

What do i do to fix it?

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Tim,

Please have a look at this site:
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update

You might need a newer file update.cfg
    === quote ===
    Important: The Automatic Update program (update.exe) requires an up-to-date server list (update.cfg) in order to download the database. This file can be downloaded here (Right-click | Save Target As...). Please save the file to your TDS directory, overwriting the existing update.cfg file. Remember to ensure that the filename is update.cfg, and not update.cfg.txt or anything else.
    === end quote ===

I hope that helps.
    Cheers, Jan.

3. timnicebutdim

I did that and got the following response from tds when trying to update.

16:40:36 [Radius Update] Downloaded file was corrupt, trying next server...
    16:40:36 [Radius Update] Database already up-to-date - transfer aborted.

That didnt happen before using the new update.cfg, but still as you can see i can't update.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In notepad open the update.cfg file and move another server to #1 position.
    Make sure you don't create any extra spaces or empty lines. In some threads here working examples were posted, they might help you.
    If nothing helps by doing via the menyu option, grab it from the site and put it in the TDS directory, overwriting the other and reload TDS.

5. dzay

dzay Guest

Recently, TDS3 (on my box) updated its from www.toonbox.de/tds/radius.td3 and seemed get the bad update. Checked it out the folder tds installation resides, there are some strange exe files with zero bytes: {rundll32.exe, helpctr, helpsvc }. Any ideas? Thanks.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The 0 bytes files you can delete; that's due to a problem in windows creating them. You will find them in more locations in your system.
    Some like notepad were so frequently created i copied the notepad.exe in the TDS directory to be able to use it anywhere on the system.

7. timnicebutdim

Moving the names up worked but the database didnt have all the references, i went back to the site and saved the cfg file again and this time it worked ok, i guess the last one i downloaded had a problem.

Problem solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.