tds won't auto update

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tobamore, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobamore

tobamore Registered Member

Hello, I'm at my wits end on this one! I run tds each day sometime after startup and it *never* even tries to auto update (it is set to in config.) I have downloaded the radius and update files from the site to no avail, I have even uninstalled then re-installed, again to no avail. Any ideas please?

#
    Cheers,
    Toby.

2. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

I don't think TDS has update every day. I have TDS my myself, and I use not that often, because I have NOD 32 and KAV protection me, so TDS will not find anything when it run.

Don't soly rely on only one program, it its very important that you need to check for update every day? I think that is over doing it with TDS.

3. tobamore

tobamore Registered Member

I don't, I use nod resident and kav for on demand only, but tds should still auto update...

#
    Toby.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Hello Tobamore here is what I found at the TDS3-private forum.

From Phili the "Super Moderator"
    Hope that helps.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, monday and friday that is, i use to press the update button daily myself and it might be that after reboot the system checks for a possible update. Of course you want TDS to be updated because of the exec protection, blocking malware before it can execute at all, no matter if another scanner would have seen it or not.
    TDS performs several other checks which are not done in the other programs you mentioned.
    Pressing the button for the merory scans and mutex scans on a regular basis is not a bad idea at all and the full sstem scan once a week with your other scanners set as you described; only don't let two scanners scan at the same moment.

6. frogfoot

frogfoot Registered Member

Hi Jooske,
    When I run TDS3 full scans I tend to leave the memory resident part of Sophos AV running (Intercheck). But I noticed in your last post that you say
    The only effect I have encountered is that If Sophos detects a virus/trojan then it is shredded before it can be detected by TDS3. I dont see this as a problem its just that TDS gets beaten to the kill so to speak.
    Please correct me if I am missing something.
    Tom

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You could get alerts like "file locked"as Sophos might protect it from every access if it was in quarantine, as you see a lot in threads where people have AVG running and protecting it's finds and block every access completely from any other scanner, confusing users.
    You might like in cases a second opinion from other scanners for which the files must be completely accessable and not been shredded yet (to avoid losing innocent files due to false positives alerts).
    You might like to see if there would be any difference in the finds if you close occasionnally all resident protection while scahnning with another scanner.
    These are the most common reasons i can think of at the moment. :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.