TDS update Radius on August 8

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Arctic, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arctic

Arctic Registered Member

I am a frequent reader of grc.com forum and Don Miller posted the following: "Has anyone noticed that TDS release an update to Radius on August 8??"

He got this reply from Scotsman: "I last updated on 22-07-2005. When I check for an update, I get the 'Up to date' message. Are you sure it was really from TDS ?"

Don replied: "As sure as I can be. The download went thru the server list that it normally does and then proceeded to update the file. It passes virus
    testing and it's own TDS check. The servers originally were unavailable
    the day that Wayne announced "All Done", but they now seem to be active.

So now, my question is: Do you think there was an update or did Don update from some site he should not have. Do you think there are some worms out there just waiting for people to request updates.

Thanks all. :)

2. J at A

J at A Guest

Hi,

The date on which a radius file was downloaded, was not so much important.
    Important were the number of the definitions: that will tell you whether there was a new one.
    Have a look at this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=90371
    In reply # 7 was posted:
    So compare the numbers of those definitions with the ones you have, and you know whether there was a new one ;)

I myself can't do that because I am not at my own PC at the moment.

But I can download the Radius file from:
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/radius.td3

Then compute its MD5 checksum; I got:
    3311D8D41D57832205D36C2167579792

And that is exactly the same MD5 as the one quoted above.
    So I don't see what's changed ;)
    I'm afraid that the original poster at the GRC.Security.Software forum made some kind of mistake.
    http://www.grc.com/x/news.exe?cmd=article&group=grc.security.software&item=109461&utag=

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you look in the original DCS forum you see the latest references of 61039 on top again and dated 9 august 2005. And as i got the "already up-to-date" message after pressing the update button, so it must be what we all have since 22 july 2005. So no changes keeping the number the same. But the date was really confusing.

4. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Between July 22 and Aug 08 the links to the info were broken, then on Aug. 09 the links were restored, making it look like there was an update, when there wasn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.