TDS Scripting

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D I know alot of you newbs arnt familiar with this

but tds has a thing called scripting really cool but i think kinda hard to understand

i know jooskey will look at this so if your reading this can you show me how to call my ms agent WIZARD

and start reading some of that stuff tds puts out

for those newbs with no clue to what an ms agent is lol

its usealy that little guy like in microsoft wor office assistant

that little guy can also work with tds

so if you reading this and maybe have time can you give me a run dowen on tds scripting with ms agents for tds

wow just saying it sound complicated lol

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Code:
    Call MSAgentForm.LoadMSAgent("Wizard", SysVar("sys.windowsdirectory") & "\msagent\chars\Wizard.acs") 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Show" 

In case you have the msagent overthere; you might like to put a copy of wizard.acs in that default msagent\chars folder
    Wizard is the MSOffice copy of Merlin, and has no voice options, while Merlin has, so in case of speech, you might like to use Merlin better.

I wished the msagent was called in the original old way, in which all it's functions would work easily in ss3 scripts as well including voice commands, or maybe the developers can find out if adding the <OBJECT> tags as an option solves that part (hope that could be a solution)

3. Mr.Blaze

:D hi thank you im going to try that ok

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Mind the wrapped line: the second line belongs behind the first line with just one space after the &

It must be in your Blaze script too!
    You can replace the name with any of the msagents characters you have in the chars folder.

5. Mr.Blaze

:oops: HI Jooske i couldnt get the script to run ummmmmmm you wouldnt have a small tutorial laying abouts somewhere with tds and scripting with ms agents would you?

this is so embarresing i thoght i could wing this lol

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

How about taking your Blaze script, drag it to notepad and look at those lines in it.
    With the first two lines (again: mind the line wrap and make sure the second part of the code above is pasted behind the first line) you should have your agent appearing if he is in that Chars folder; your wizard.acs file either copy him there or hunt for him and write the whole path to him in the script.

Call MSAgentForm.LoadMSAgent("Wizard", "Wizard.acs")
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Show"
    is possible if he is in the default folder.

If you post with the "code" tags in the DCS forum you won't get those line wraps, btw.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I helped out two people with serious problems on their systems by installing TDS on their systems (eval) and scan out the whole stuff there.
    Noticed the scripts examples don't ship with the new 5mb TDS install. Will registered users be able to get them somehow/somewhere?
    I've no access to their computers this moment to see if the examples are there but just can't be loaded in an eval version.
    So in case of uninstall and install this updated TDS version, i'd make sure first to keep your Scripts folder safe just in case and copy the scripts back afterwards.

8. Mr.Blaze

:DHI Jooske BIG BIG HUG ok i will study the scripts you sent me and this time i promise i stick with it.

I dont think ill ever be able to make my owen cool charcter but i can surely get the most out of the ones we have.

MS Agents are so cool

Most people can never aprechiate them because they dont know what they do

but heres an example there like your owen little pc pets

but way more funer everything from voice control to dictation to just cheer you up when your dowen

they give your pc personality

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I think you could create a little script enabling some friendly sayings, jokes, with or without an agent and a timer.
    For instance
    speak "hello|sentence2|sentence3|sentence4"
    will speak ad random one of those 4 sentences, so you'll need a timer script, of which an example might have been posted in the private forum for scripting, and have them connected.
    Combine it with an agent if you like to see something too.
    You can first call your agent, make him show, speak something nice, and your timer might have him speak at randum something else.
    You might like the agent to hide after that, so the show - speak - hide can be in your timer script.
    You might like to use some of the agents like Merlin, Peedy, Genie who have lots of animations in their waiting state between your commands.

10. Mr.Blaze

:eek:oh wait cool you mean so i can have the little guy pop up every so often

that be cool

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I just posted in the private forum in scripting a way to use your $3,000 computer as a $3 talking clock, but it still has an error to be corrected.
    It is a way, but the purpose you have would be a timer script in which the agent is called up to show and speak something;
    for instance in case time is a certain hour the agent speaks that time, and at times between speak other stuff, or tell a joke, etc.
    In the current situation only with a smart workaround you can have the agents voice commanded from TDS.
    For instance, if you go to the MSagent site at MS, in the samples, look in the source after loading such a sample script and you'll see the <OBJECT> tags necessary to load those voice command and a few other functionallities, if you go after to TDS and load an msagent script, the agent will have those same possibilities! No matter which character you change to, till you unload the character or agentsvr or reboot.
    So i hope the <OBJECT> tags will be able to be included in TDS scripting possibilities to do it at once.
    The other way i used in the CokeMachine script by making an EXE and call that one via TDS scripts.
    You might like to use the new MASH for creating EXE or HTML or other scripts to run via another script from TDS.

There can be done millions of things with the scripting, but i think it's nicer to keep the scripting discussions in the TDS private forum to keep them all handy together, easier finding them back afterwards.

12. Open Source

Open Source Registered Member

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Blaze found a SS3 script sample telling current time in his mailbox by now.

14. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Jooske, Don't spoil the boy :p

15. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You see more or less the same in the private forum, although i joined the two scripts together and made some little changes.

BTW: for those who don't know yet:
    On the TDS download page the scripts and speech pack (d/l link) are available now.

16. Mr.Blaze

:'( Helllllllppppppppppppppp i cant seem to run them and worst it dont seem to reconize ss3 scripts looky

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

wrong icons, you probably lost your windows scripting host.
    i posted the d/l link at MS in the private forum, or you used some script blocker which you should not outside wormguard.
    And move the CokeMachine folder to your TDS-3 directory
    X:\...\TDS-3\Scripts\CokeMachine to find it back easy.

18. Mr.Blaze

:DHIIIIIIIIIII will i got the icons to say vbs and here is the strange part how i did it

in microsoft window media player i had unselected files like plug ind mpg 1 avi etc etc.

so i click on select all apply ok and all of the suden those scripts had a vbs icon on them.

but i still couldnt run or load the scripts

so im going to put coke machine in tds scripts

see if that helps

if not im going to dowenload thie scripting thing you mentioned

19. Mr.Blaze

:eek:hey you think my norton system works might have something to do with it?

20. Mr.Blaze

o_O norton 2002 system works might have some scripting blocking stuff not sure

21. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes NAV has a script blocker included, i remember long time ago you posted a startup log in which was a nav script blockage, think this was when you had major problems causing you tio format and rebuild your system several months ago. I'm not sure how to get rid of that blocker.
    Did you in IE allow scripts running in the trusted zone and try again? (remember for instance in TDS type msgbox "this is a messagebox" and see if it appears, on your desktop you can make a same kind of line in notepad, save as test.vbs and see what happens if you click it.
    The wmp should not block all files for any other program if they are not associated with that wmp of course!

22. Mr.Blaze

wow it still not working i even disable nav

23. Mr.Blaze

:'(i cant even run inner peace

24. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You ever used startup or hijackthis startup in which the NAV script blocker showed up loud and clear, it was not NAV itself but an extra function in it.
    I know you solved it the other time.
    You could of course try what happens if you re-install windows script 5.6
    (this version here is the latest for all expect XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a8a18f6-249c-4a72-bfcf-fc6af26dc390&DisplayLang=en
    and this is for win2000 and XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en )

25. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Blazey, can you post again your startup or hijackthis file so we can look for the script blocking culpit?
    Thanks! The other time it was a Norton function, maybe not in NAV but another part to blame!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.