TDS Proxy Outlook Logon Problem.... I think.

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by _CJ_, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _CJ_

_CJ_ Registered Member

Im not even sure if this is TDS related but im guessing it has to be based on the because of the server number. Basically i cant access OutLook Express anymore because i have to enter a user name and password for a Server numbered 127.0.0.1

Maybe next time i will read the user guide a little more closely before i go playing around :D

Thanx for any help.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi _cI_
    Have you allowed "remember my password" in OE's settings? Tools, Accounts, mail settings.

Also if you are running W2K or XP you must run TDS as an Administrator - If you are using a normal user account then you need to right click on the TDS3 icon and "run as" using different credentials

I am pretty sure it is not TDS3 related, 127.0.0.1 is your LocalHost ie. your own machine.

Can you please tell us what operating system you are using? :)

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

HI CJ and welcome!
    127.0.0.1 is your local host.
    Did you in TDS > Configuration > Servers
    fill in anything for the proxy? If you uncheck that and enpty that field again does that solve the problem?
    If you know your ISP's or email server's proxy you can put it back with the right name and number if you like.

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi CJ

Just a thought on this; are you running AVG 7 as your Antivirus program? If so this may be due the the Personal e-mail configuration as it is set to use 127.0.0.1 to scan your e-mail before it arrives in your mail box but needs to be configured correctly in OE and AVG settings for this to work.

5. _CJ_

_CJ_ Registered Member

Hey Pilli.

Im running XP Pro 2002. Ive checked everything in OE and cant figure out what the problem is. I even deleted an account and set it up again. The password authentication to access server 127.0.0.1 window seems be gone. But why would i need a username and password to access my local host and why wouldnt the one from my ISP work? Since when do you have to anyway? Obviously im having no toubles being online though. Anyway now when i try and send and recieve it finds host, authorizes, connects and then disconnects in about a second? :doubt:

Hey Jooske.

When i was playing around with TDS i noticed the proxy settings but havent filled anything in. It seems obvious now that it has nothing to do with TDS; it was just the same server addresses that threw me off. Either its something obvious in my settings ive missed or something to do with all the worm trouble i have been having lately. Either way i think i will put a hijack this log in the viruses and worms section.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello again _CI_, Not a TDS3 problem then, Not sure if it helps but some mail checkers in AV's or firewalls can use a proxy type of thing for filtering your mail, they could use 127.0.0.1 so that OE would connect to it then the mail filter mechanimn would get your mail from your ISP.

Anyway it is a good idea to submit HJT log for perusal by the experts here after your infections :)

Only Guessing. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.