TDS Closes Unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by BruceS, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceS

BruceS Guest

After months of flawless operation, TDS is acting strangly. If I try to update definitions or even change configuration, it shuts down. I uninstalled it an re-installed it, but the same thing happens - do anything and it shuts down.

I'm running it on Windows 2000 Server and no new sofware or changes have been made recently.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Storm

Storm Registered Member

Hi BruceS!

TDS only shuts down when you change something?
    That might be related to a Windows problem...
    Second on the list might be a malware baddie that kills TDS...

Rename the TDS-3.exe to another name i.e. TEST.exe and then try starting it again, and also test if updating and changing config works again...
    If it does, an AV/AT-killing trojan/virus/worm might have found a new home on your PC...

Else I'd try the usual suspects... SCANDISK /F for all partitions, remembering what programs you installed recently and removing them (maybe they installed DLLs TDS-3 also needs, but the wrong version)...

Good Luck

Storm

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

if you use the update.exe from withinhg the TDS-directory, does it stop TDS then too? Did you grab a new update.cfg file from the update site?
    Looking at the required systems files sounds as a good suggestion too, although i thought XP would warn for that and give option to correct the situation immediately?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.