TDS-3 vs. WormGuard

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Julius Harper, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have purchased both products, my question is : If I have TDS-3 running why would I need the WormGuard app? Doesn't TDS-3 provide the same protection as WormGuard? If not is one app better than the other for worm protection? Can DiamondCS not combine the two into one major worm protection application?

Thanks,

JBH

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Technically WormGuard is an anti-worm, and TDS is an anti-trojan. See here. Better to have layered protection. If one application fails or is taken out by malware, you have others as backup. A one-app-for-all approach might be easier to maintain and use, but security-wise, it's an inferior approach. Hence the different apps for different threats. Hope this helps! :D

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Julius,
    Think Daisy explained it all in a nice way.
    We're looking forward to the new future products TDS-4 and WG-4, let's see what those will offer us.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ladies and gents,

This is the TDS support forum - please refrain from hijacking threads by avocating other sorts of sortalike software. In this context, off topic posts have been removed.

regards.

paul

5. Just wanted to say thank you to all of the positive response received. I now understand the differences between the two products. Any idea when new updates will be available for WormGuard? I have had issues with the WormGuard version downloaded back in May and had to uninstall the product. TDS and PG seem to be functioning just fine. Again thanks.

Regards,
    JH

6. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Hello again, JH.

Next time you have an issue, be sure to visit this forum. Maybe someone here can help. If nothing else, be sure to get with the folks at DCS. They work hard to resolve these. :D You might be surprised - it's probably something simple!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.