TDS-3 scan thoroughness

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Hummer, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummer

Hummer Registered Member

Greetings everyone!

Is TDS just as thorough on trojan-checking files that are compressed/install files (setup.exe) as it is on something that is actively installed or running? I want to know if I can consider a file as TDS trojan-safe by just scanning it before installing it as I can be doing a through full drive scan after installing new programs..

Thanks in advance

-Hummer

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Re:TDS-3 thoroughness

Hi Hummer,

Welcome !

With respect to your question about ZA Pro, maybe posting your question in the firewall-forum-section would be a good idea; you will get most probably many different opinions ;)

With respect to your router question: have a look for example at this thread in the firewall-forum-section:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=3586

3. Hummer

Hummer Registered Member

I edited my post so there is no non-TDS related material in it. Thx for the tips FanJ :D

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Hummer, yes TDS can scan in anything:
    in the scan options i always have everything checked, including zip/rar and compressed exe's and all those you're pointing at this moment.
    I have every download scanned first with an av/at scanner and TDS before installing it.
    Is there a specific file you're thinking it might be suspicious and afre there special reasons for that?
    After installing you might like to do another check on the whole folder/directory or individual files if you like, but in case with TDS it should not bring new finds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.