TDS-3 Final Released

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

We have recently re-released a revised build of our award-winning TDS-3 anti-trojan system, that is even easier to install and use, and includes updated components. It has also decreased resource usage, and the new TDS-3 download is only 5MB compared to the old size of 6.95MB. If you haven't tried TDS-3 yet, there is no better time! The only anti-trojan system with DAILY database updates, TDS-3 is currently detecting over 8500 primary trojans and over 10,000 variants, vastly out-detecting all other anti-trojan systems. There are literally thousands of trojans detected by TDS-3 that are not detected by any other scanners we've tested, making it a critical line of defense.

Download is available here:
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download

TDS-3 is widely considered the most powerful anti-trojan system available, but it is actually very easy to use. This page explains how you can detect a trojan anywhere in your system with just two mouseclicks:
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=easytouse
    Updating to the latest detection databases is also just a matter of two mouseclicks!

And if you ever have any questions about the software, you can email us directly or you can always post your question here at the Wilders forum (http://www.wilderssecurity.com), or to our own DiamondCS forum (http://www.diamondcs.com.au/forum/).

We hope you enjoy the final release of TDS-3! :)

Cheers,
    Wayne, Gavin and Jason
    DiamondCS Support
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au

PS. Looking for the ultimate anti-trojan companion? Port Explorer not only shows you which ports each process is using, it also shows hidden sockets (such as those used by trojans) in red, making it easy to instantly see nearly any trojan. Other features include powerful packet-sniffing and socket control capabilities (including bandwidth throttling, and the ability to block sending/receiving), a powerful, fully-automatic Whois client, enhanced Ping/Traceroute utilities, and IP-to-country resolving. Did we also mention it has been fully translated to 7 languages other than English? :) Enjoy!

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Thanks for info Wayne...

1: Can I safely install over previous..

OR...

2: If not, copy/save tds.kf, Uninstall, Install new version, put keyfile back into folder and it will be fine?

Cheers, TAS

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dhey this mean maybe it fix my tds problem newer components

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

No you need to completely uninstall whatever TDS-3 installation you have before putting this one on :)

-Jason-

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In case you decide to try completely uninstall you might like to be sure and put your Scripts folder and keyfile safe aside till TDS-3 is back.

6. Mr.Blaze

:Dwill do thx guys hugsssssssssssssssssssss

7. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Hmm, where is my ss3 editor??
    Dolf

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Could it be the SS3 editor comes with the scripts examples zip you have to get seperately?

9. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

:D I had a backup

10. Mr.Blaze

:DMY SCRIPTS JPPSKEY GAVE ME WORK YEAHHHHHH

By the way i didnt want to jump the gun not sure but is tds seem more will faster and cleaner i didnt get any stalls it just shot right up and ziped right threw the scan

11. Jason_DiamondCS

Yes the ss3editor should be in the scripts.zip file. Glad to hear everything is running better Blazey :)
    -Jason-

12. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Were any changes made to the execprot.dll?

I forgot to disable it before the uninstall and that file was still loaded after the reboot so I could not replace it.

:D It DOES seem noticeably faster on the startup scan (even after setting everything the way it was) :D

13. Mr.Blaze

:Dby the way i like the new banner any chance of geting the rest to look metalic cause thats ine sweet looking banner

14. Jason_DiamondCS

No changes were made to execprot.dll so it should be ok. :)

-Jason-

15. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi there,

At the beginning of installing the final release version of TDS3, i get a "code 5" error message when it wants to replace the Msvbvm60.dll.

The Msvbvm60.dll i have is version 6.0.88.77

i checked the file requirements for using TDS and the Msvbvm60.dll listed there is version 6.0.84.95. Since mine is a higher version, should i just click on the "Ignore" button and hope everything will run alright?

While i am asking, :D and since i have to do this for my Win98se too, has any of the version for the required dll files changed for this final release of TDS3?

snap

(dang, LOL..i guess it would help if i said what my OS was---->XP-Home)

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You might like to save a copy of yours to be sure and continue installing, see what happens.
    I have version 6.00.9237
    The XP files aer not on that site, win98se could be happy with those.
    After installing, one of the quickest overviews is with Faber tools www.faberbox.com where you clock on the dependencies and for TDS and look in one blink at all the version numbers.
    If you save one before and one after the install you know what has changed.

17. snapdragin

It must be too early in the morning...ROFL! Why didn't i think of that??

Thank you Jooske! You are quick and so helpful :D

snap

18. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

And i even was slow, first looking for my version!
    Hope it helps.
    Does your TDS run nice now?
    Also at the same place get the scripts examples zip, in which i suppose will be the ss3edit.exe to make your own SS3 scripts in TDS. Or maybe you saved it already with your Scripts folder and keyfile apart.

19. snapdragin

:doubt: not yet...i don't seem to have an "UPDATE.CFG" file and the START-->Programs-->TDS...there is no "UpdateNow" place to click on. Did i miss something?

Jooske, should i start a new thread or stay in here?

Appreciate your help,

snap

20. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Snap, I downloaded the new updat.cfg off of the DCS site :D Then all was well

21. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Right, the update.cfg is changed at times, new mirrors, other order of them, etc, so you can get it and drop it in the TDS-3 directory and (re)start TDS.
    The update TDS databases menu option is in the TDS > Update, i never even looked if it comes in start > programs > DCS > update.exe but you could even make a shortcut to that on your desktop and update from there without TDS running if you have a registered version.
    Evaluators might like to make a shortcut to the d/l page for their update.

If this update.cfg doesn't ship with the new TDS-3 Final too it's good it is mentioned in this thread and the solution how to get it!

22. snapdragin

Hi Pilli! i just d/l'ed the update.cfg too and put it in the TDS folder and then did the update through TDS's GUI.....and it updated and ran great after that. But i miss the "UpdateNOW" option in the START menu. i didn't have to start TDS to get an update. i hope they consider putting that option back in TDS4.

On my Win98se, i couldn't get TDS to overwrite that msvbvm60.dll file to the newer version...but i have v.6.00.8877 there, so i just clicked the Ignore option and everything installed ok and seems to be running well. So i'll leave it as it is.....it is working and scanning great! :D

Thank you Jooske for your help, and Pilli for confirming what i needed to do. ~smyle~

snap

23. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Which version did this TDS give you for that msv..*dll?

24. snapdragin

Oooh yes, i should say that so other's wondering would know.

the newer version of the msvbvm60.dll that comes with the Final TDS3 release, is version 6.0.89.64, and i also noticed the tabctl32.ocx file was also updated to version 6.0.90.43. i had no problem with that one being over-written...but with the msvbvm60.dll i did. After i stopped the first install though, rebooted and started the install again on my XP, TDS over-wrote the file with no error message then. But on my Win98se, i can't get it to over-write it, so i just choose "ignore" and let the install carry through.

Doing a scan with it now and no problems at all! :D

25. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Great! thanks a lot! You can always manually copy it in (after bringing your's first into safety) for the win98se and see if that gives problems (i wouldn't suppose so)
    Maybe the first time it was in use and could not be overwritten or thing like that. Good you took the safe way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.