Tb Integration endless multiplying email in IMAP shared folder

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by eag1e, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eag1e

eag1e Registered Member

Hello,

after setting up Win7/Tb/Eset I recognized Thunderbird multipling an email from my repository until our server's harddisk complained about shrinking space.

details:

30sec to 3min after Thunderbird started, the statusbar showed my email folders beeing scanned.

This scan stopped on a "random" selected email in the IMAP shared folders and started multiplying this email until the harddisk was full of emails.

This issue appears repeatable only in the shared folders, but every time thunderbird runs with activated eset-plugin.

Configuration:

Windows 7
    TB3.04 via IMAP to qmail/courier-server with shared folders
    ESET NOD32 4.2.40.10

Due to the plugin not beeing showed in the list of ADD-ONs or Plugins, I recognized it relativly late and filed a bug in TB Bugzilla. There is also a imap-log available.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=563895

Is this issue already known?
    Can this issue be solved?
    Is the thunderbird-plugin from ESET already usable for production environments ?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

An email message might be duplicated if you're using an IMAP account and the ESET plugin is unable to delete the original message after creating a copy of the message and making certain changes to its copy. Try configuring email protection to scan read messages and disabling the scan of received messages.

3. eag1e

eag1e Registered Member

So, is NOD32 happily walking through these millions of emails in our email-archive and setting its stamp in all these ?

Probably this would explain why our incremental backup system is consuming so much memory these days :cautious: Puhhhh ... crazy, very crazy ...

Our email-server logged no problems in deleting a mail, and I also never had a problem by deleting a mail. But I also can understand that problems appear, when a software tries do modify a few dozen emails a second.

All seems to be calm, since I switched off checking incoming emails.

Never expected an anti-virus-software to modify an imap-email.

Is there somewhere a documentation about how eset is working on IMAP accounts ?

I'm a little afraid.

4. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

hi,
    You have reported that this issue occurs only on shared folders.
    1. Can you confirm it doesn't happen on private folders?
    2. Does it happen if shared folder is open just by one client (thunderbird)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.