Tasks in status "waiting" but nothing is active

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Big Tom, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Tom

Big Tom Registered Member

I have six backup jobs for six partitions scheduled to run during the night. Two of these jobs that were started manually yesterday evening are successful. all other four jobs were in a "waiting" state this morning. Nothing was running on that machine. I have executed the re-scheduling of the jobs via schedmgr.exe with no success.

When is a solution to be expected? The tool is completely useless the way it works(well, does not work) at the moment.

Tom

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Silly questions first - The computer was switched on and not in hibernation or standby?

Have you installed for 'all users'? If so TI should still be able to run without logging on. If on the other hand you've installed for your log on only, then you must be logged on for the task to work.

Check in services.msc that Scheduler and Scheduler2 are running and that they are set to automatic - if these aren't running or something is preventing them from running, then task will not run automatically.

Make sure that if you are using one of the Echo versions that the correct users appear in the Acronis backup Users group.

Colin

3. Big Tom

Yes, the computer was switched on and not in hibernation or standby and did not even show this fancy blue background screen with the neat numbers.

Installed for all users but current user nerver logs off.

I only have Scheduler2 in the services overview. And the tasks actually get started - they are in a waiting state. Which would be fine and expected if there was another backup running, but it is not. Also, Christmas is over, so I do not assume these jobs are waiting for Santa Clause and I am too impatient to let them wait for the easter bunny.

Almost looks like another bug that Acronis needs to look at. Btw - is "Acronis" a one man show or why don't they get these major bugs fixed in a timely manner??

Tom

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Hmm, as this doesn't seem to be a common problem, there must be something running that either takes priority or confuses TI.

Do you have RPC running as automatic - scheduler2 requires this. I expect you have as you should have got a Windows error box comlaining about RPC if you didn't.

So the next question is, what background utilities do you have running? Have you tried re-installing TI just in case something is corrupted?

Is there a utility or process that might hang on to RAM? TI is very very RAM intensive a problem either with the quality of RAM or a program that has 'hung on' to RAM instead of de-allocating it could cause problems.

Do you run with a page file?

Colin

5. Big Tom

Yup, RPC is running, no other background jobs running. Zonealarm already is disabled, the machine has 2 GB of memory with 1.2 GB free which should be plenty for any application. 6 GB of swap is enough for anything that may run as well.

I was playing around a bit more with the schedmgr and got on error message about a duplicate entry point - which did not tell me too much... am going to re-install (again) but this time make sure the registry is completely clean of any junk left by the uninstall...

Tom

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Well, talk about redundant!

Just kidding; couldn't help myself. ;-)

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Big Tom, could you please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the Acronis True Image log file, exact error message and the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.