Targetsaver.com

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Eddie 70, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Registered Member

Just found this website and have found it to be great wealth of knowledge. Found out my spyware program is not the greatest. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my first post, may not be in the correct section, is going to be about removing something on my computer that is affecting IE use. Everytime I use IE I get a popup ad from a.targetsaver.com about every 3rd page or so. I have searched my computer and can't seem to find it. I have run adaware, spybot, spysweeper etc. and still have this popup. This does not happen with Firefox. I have installed SP2, the full version, and have the firewall and popup blocker enabled. Anyone have any ideas about how to get rid of this particular popup. I have quit using IE in favor of Firefox because of this popup.

Thanks for anyhelp you may be able to provide.

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Have u tried disabling Windows Messenger in XP? the Google toolbar has a pop up blocker - do u have it?

3. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Eddie,
    Maybe you need Hijack This, CWShredder and Win Patrol, to get a decent look at possible pains.

Online scan at www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan
    good luck.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.