T.I.9 New user. Help Please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CFC, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CFC

CFC Registered Member

Purchased T.I.9 and installed, downloaded latest version (2337) which would not update installed version despite help file saying it would!
    Read further advice, and uninstalled original, and installed updated version O.K.
    Created Secure Zone and tried to place some back-up files in that zone.
    This produced "completed with errors" message. But no back-up was created with nothing in the zone.
    Tried several times with same result, Acronis not allowing access to the zone.
    I thought that was what it was for!!

Am I doing something wrong, or am I just stupid?

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Could be that you do not have enough free space to hold the Image?

3. CFC

CFC Registered Member

Thanks for your suggestion,however I had tried many sizes of secure zone right up to 80GB. I then deleted the zone.

To-day I recreated a zone,and have been able to place some files in that zone and recover them,though not all files worked in this process.
    Therefore I am not yet happy to do a full system backup.

I have done nothing different this time so have no idea why it is now working!

When creating a zone Acronis requires three re-boots,all of which have required me to switch off computer and re-start manually, because the computer closes down but will not re-start automatically.

Do others find this to be the case?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CFC,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please remove Acronis Secure Zone using Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard as it is described in section 3.2.4 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide?

If you are not able to delete Acronis Secure Zone using Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard for some reason then please delete it using Windows Disk Management, i.e. go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management, right-click on Acronis Secure Zone and choose Delete Logical Drive.

After deleting Acronis Secure Zone please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and re-create Acronis Secure Zone utilizing the unallocated space.

Please try to create an image saving it to Acronis Secure Zone once more and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persist then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

- Make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  5. CFC

CFC Registered Member

Hello Alexey
    Thank you for your reply.

Whilst awaiting a reply I had removed the secure zone and the next day installed it again. This time I have been able to store some flies there and restore them as a test. It was not able to restore Powerpoint files though.

I then stored a full disc image and will try to increment this in future.
    So at the moment it seems to be working O.K I will keep your advice in mind and try what you have described if necessary.

I have no idea why it worked the second time as I had done nothing differently!

Regards

Colin

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CFC,

I'm afraid that it is rather hard to figure out what exactly has caused the problem you encountered without having the information that I have requested in my previous post.

I advise you to continue using Acronis True Image 9.0 as usual and if the problem appears again then send us the information I have requested. We will do our best in order to find the actual reason for the problem you have encountered and provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.