SystemSuite 5

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Gigabyte, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Registered Member

I guess that I should of posted my problem with my current firewall before I asked for recommendations on other ones. Sorry. :'( I have Systemsuite 5 which has netdefense for a firewall (sygate is the firewall). When I try to access certain sites the firewall will not allow access until I put it into allow all mode. I contacted the company(really good tech support) of the product and informed them of my problem. They said that they tried to duplicate the problem with the sites that I had mentioned,but they worked fine. They then told me to install the Sygate firewall(free version) to see if it worked and it did the same thing.As I mentioned,they have really good replies when a tech problem is sent to them,but having to disable the firewall to access those sites is a pain.I would like to keep them,but if I can't get it to work,then I'll be forced to try something else. Any suggestions?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Anything showing in the logs to inidcate what is being blocked/not allowed?

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Registered Member

It's blocking sites such as ebay,yahoo(when i use the email to make sure that my spam blocker is working)etc. it will try to load the site,but then stops. I then have to put it into allow all mode to load the page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.