System Tray - Spyware blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Kell, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kell

Kell Guest

just installed Spywareblaster and I can't seem to figure out how to make it goto system tray? Not much use to me as a blocker program if I can't get it to go there. Running XP Pro. anyone know how I can do this?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Kell,

SpywareBlaster is not meant to go to the systray, nor does it need to be left running in the background. SpywareBlaster is a program that sets preventative entries in the registry. Once you run it and set the protections you simply close it and run it every week or so to check for updates. (If an update is found, you have it set those new protections and again exit the program.)

The benefit to this type of protection is that it uses no resources and needs no continuously running program.

3. Kell

Kell Guest

Excellent. Would you still recommend running something like the resident feature of Spybot search and destroy with it? (I mention that becuase I already have that set up)

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, in fact the authors of both programs (Spybot S&D and SpywareBlaster) recommend each others products and they complement each other nicely. Spybot's resident protection does different things than SpywareBlaster, so it is an additional layer of protection. (Be sure to try all of Spybot's Immunize features and on that screen you'll see that it references SpywareBlaster, right in Spybot.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.