system dead, no more os loader!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by St.Jimmy, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St.Jimmy

St.Jimmy Registered Member

Hi, here's what happened. I plugged my psp into my computer, which caused a bsod that said something about "usbntldr.sys". I restarted to a bios-level "non system disk, press any key to continue" error.I tried re-writing the mbr but it didnt work. please help!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What is a psp?

What you need to do is to bung in the rescue CD (you did make one didn't you :) ), and re-activate OSS - if you're unable do this, then the next option is to hunt down your XP CD and perform a system repair. This however will wipe out out any XP updates that you have performed including the service packs.

Colin

3. St.Jimmy

crapcrapcrap! I didnt make one, i guess i'll have to find my xp disc*sigh* thanks though... ps, psp stands for playstation portable

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If you have registered your DD10, Acronis might be able to give you a link to an ISO version of the rescue CD.

Colin

5. St.Jimmy

yeah, I opened up a ticket with them, but seeing as how it's saturday... do you think install-mbr from knoppix would work?

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It's Sunday afternoon here in Ozland :cool: . I think it would be wise to wait for Acronis - knoppix is a Linux variant ? Not sure if this would do the job.

Support seems to work everyday, so you might be lucky.

Colin

7. St.Jimmy

I guess right now all I can do is wait for Acronis... Ain't it great to have thousands of caffinated smart geeks online 24/7:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.