System acting buggy again

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by FukenFooser 007.5, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FukenFooser 007.5

FukenFooser 007.5 Registered Member

o_O
    Sorry to be a bother but, My system is not acting "right".
    I do think it's bugged or something and I'm still not able to read the "hijack this" log well enough to trust myself to delete at will.
    Last try got me OFFline for a week and I don't want that again.
    So please help, check this log and let me know.
    Thanks Again and Happy Holidays to ALL Team WILDERS!!!!!

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi FukenFooser!

Well, your system may be acting buggy because you have WebShots installed but if you really like it you might leave that for last :)

It seems that Google is partly uninstalled so we should complete the installation to see if that restores some of the lost stability to your system. If you see Google Toolbar in your Add/Remove Programs list you should first try to uninstall it completely from there. Then do a reboot and check that all remnants are gone from the HijackThis log. Otherwise, go directly to the HijackThis and close all other programs and Windows and select and fix the following

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll (file missing)
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll (file missing)
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html

If after a reboot please give your system a test to see if you are still encountering issues and if you are please post us more details on what you are encountering.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!! :D ;) :D

3. FukenFooser 007.5

Thanks Dan. (google)
    The Add/Remove shows it but it only "flashes" when button pushed. It's been stuck there a couple weeks now.
    I didn't know of any "issues" with "Webshots"?? I really like the program for storage of and use of pic's on my sys. I mostly use my own and "snagged" shots from around the web but also love some of their weekly shots. The people that see my backgrounds and ease of changing and/or ease of flipping the screen saver on all want it on their on puters. So if I am missing something about the program please enlighten me. In the add/remove list, how many windows updates (sp1) should it show? Mine shows dozens and I mean dozens? "buggy" to me like how many times do I need to enter my passwords to check hotmail and only then to see "sys down tem." like posting and have to try to get there from a window and not from the "IM" (msn's IM), when it shows "new mail". last week anti-v or AVG caught something and thats when it started acting buggy. I used Trend on-line it showed clean but as usual one of mine showed the "newlove" while trend was testing. Happens every time. Non-issue. Will hijack all the stuff and then check back.
    Thanks again.
    ff

4. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hey,

I've seen a lot of systems adversely impacted by WebShots, in terms of stability as well as resource usage, but to be honest, most of these were Win98 which are "naturally inclined" to be impacted on both of those fronts. Consider removing Webshots as a last resort unless you started having problems at the same time that you loaded it.

Regarding the updates shown in Add/Remove. They definitely do add up so it is not too unusual to see that many of them there, especially if you have auto-update and install them whenever an individual patch is issued.

The IE symptoms do seem odd but it might concievably be due to the incomplete state of Google. So please do let us know once you have that removed.

5. FukenFooser 007.5

Now it's acting upon me trying to post here?
    weird stuff. this 3rd try in 5 min. "sorry filename taken" ?
    latest hijac log.

6. FukenFooser 007.5

"The New MSN Hotmail is Here!

Mail, Calendar and Contacts together--learn about the great new changes to Hotmail.

.NET Passport Unavailable at This Site Help

The .NET Passport service is currently unavailable at this Web site for one of these reasons:

• The site may contain an error or be experiencing a problem that affects the .NET Passport service.
    • The site may not be an official .NET Passport-participating site.

You can:

• Return to this site later and try to sign in or register again.
    • Sign in or register for a .NET Passport at another .NET Passport participating site. .NET Passport Site Directory

" this is what I get trying to get to email??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.