Sync Your Files without Trusting the Cloud

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lotuseclat79, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Sync Your Files without Trusting the Cloud.

-- Tom

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

In theory it sounds great. I wouldn't mind using something like that for sharing data between computers right here at home. We're not connected as a network so everything has to be moved around with flash drives.

I'm pretty sceptical these days though. I remember Google's "do no evil." It seems people say whatever the rubes want to hear to get their business, then forget it as soon as they think they can get away with it.

3. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Why not just use a trusted, offshore, heavily encrypted cloud company like Jotta? Jotta promises security, and delivers it. Super strong privacy policy as well.

https://www.jottacloud.com/signup

and their policies;
    http://www.jottacloud.com/its-your-stuff-guaranteed/
    We care about privacy. In Norway, privacy stands firm like the mighty mountains of Jotunheimen. In the U.S, on the other hand, privacy rights seem to float like the Mississippi river.

The Jottacloud Privacy Guarantee
    We will store your data in Norway, or a country with similar or stricter privacy laws
    We will operate under Norwegian jurisdiction
    We will not monitor what you store on Jottacloud
    We will not hand over user data to authorities unless a warrant issued by the Norwegian court of law is presented
    We will not exchange, store or process user data at a third party service like Amazon
    Our employees will not open, access or read your files without your written consent
    Our employees must sign non-disclosure agreements
    We will delete all your user data when you terminate your account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.