Sygate Pers. FW 5.5 Build 2637

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by beethoven, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

At a friend's place I noticed him using Sygate 5.5. I believe this fw was discontinued about 5 years ago.

My friend is happy with it as "it does not bother him". He said he would change it if there is a security issue but otherwise he does not want to mess with it.
    Does anybody know this particular firewall and whether using it nowadays is safe? While I was told that changing it over to a "modern" firewall would be an option, he does not want anything with HIPS or constant queries that require deep knowledge to answer. Personally I find OA fairly easy to use and once set up without too many pop-ups but I don't want to force a change on someone if it is not necessary. Btw, the firewall is behind a router.

Any comments?

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I also use Sygate, and I never had any problems with it. Of course, that doesn't mean that there are no bugs or vulnerabilities, it just means that for me it was a safe solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.