Svchost flag

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by WilliamP, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have NOD32 scheduled to do a scan on Wed. 1 AM .This morning PG wouldn't let it. The log said that windows svchost.exe tried to set an unknown flag on NOD32.exe. It hadn't done that before but I got 5 Windows updates yesterday so maybe svchost needs to set a flag. What should I do?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi William, If svchost.exe has changed it may have activated the PG desktop when you were not there.
    Remove your svchost.exe from the checksum list then re-add it to make sure.
    I also added the latest upsdates today but I did it with PG disabled, rebooted and renabled, all is well so far.

HTH Pilli

3. WilliamP

I checked the Checksum for svchost.exe and the date was 7-13-04 so it was changed with the update. I reprogramed the scan for NOD to see if that will take care of it. The PG pop up was activated when NOD tried to start its scan. Hopefully this will fix it.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the info, we'll look into this. Please send the file svchost.exe to us - check the log and make sure you are sending the right file, it was the one in C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe ?

Also please paste a copy of the incident including the unknown flag and any info in that line

5. WilliamP

After re-programing the scan in NOD it worked. I guess that when the checksum changed for svchost.exe the scan had to to be programed again. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.