Suspicius web site

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by 432-09432, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 432-09432

432-09432 Guest

www, and www,

I got pop-up messages... several of them and clicking on one of them i got spyware infection.

Can you guys check this site?

~disabled hyperlinks just in case....Bubba~
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  2. moi

moi Registered Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Guestie, Bubba and all the ships at sea (Walter Winchell, 194:cool:
    Those two "K" sites you queried (both owned by same group) are about the only bar in town. Serbia and Montenegro are like cold, wet and how do I get out of here---been there, done that.

Only bar in town...they get about 12 million hits a month at that URL and if you got a sweet,loveable "gift" while visiting there, wonder if your cookies were blocked or "allowed", the latter being the best way to get the bugs.

Since I do a lot of tracking of potential/real nasties, I suggest this:
    Google type in just the k word, dot, com... No www/http:...
    you should get one or two results. click on the highlighted heading of one.
    now you are in the main page, using goog as a "buffer" zone for a tiny bit of safety...a tiny bit. see all the wonderful links to toys and games? don't get lured in by any of them...bail out, DEL-TIF etc and get back to DOOM2.
  3. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Slippin' into the Twilight Zone

I'll stick with my DOOM 3 :D its much more fun to have a beautifully designed monster attack me than something that isnt as hot.
  4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

May 8, 2002
    State Queensland, Australia
    hi 432-09432

I went to the site to have a look and did the following:

Clicked on over 60 links, taking me to different sections. [using Firefox with multiple tabs]

In that little session I had, I had the Cookie pop-up only 3 times [denied]

The only 'alert' I got was when I went to join a "chat" [IRC, say no more on that] and Online Armor alerted about an Applet which of course is needed to join chats [denied :) ]

HOWEVER, and I stress, this WAS using Firefox [not IE]
    With the following safety systems in place.
    Cookies set to be 'asked' in FF
    Using 'AdBlock' with definitions list in FF
    Using ScriptBlocking [no scripts allowed] in FF
    Using OnlineArmor
    Kerio Firewall
    KAV PRO AV/Malware
    AdWatch PRO I don't suggest anyone without some form of protection.

It does seem like a normal site, with lots of information [mainly about Belgade/Serbia] and if you did indeed get infected from that site, then [just from appearances and having been there] it was probably bad luck OR.. you clicked a link I did NOT click.

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Apr 22, 2005
    i can't get doom 2 to work on my windows xp so i got teh doom 3 CE for xbox i can play the old doom games that way :D