suse linux 10.1 ISO

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

i have a computer shopper dvd with a linux ISO image on the disc.

so i used nero to burn the image iso to dvd and put it in my old pc's dvd drive and changed the bios to boot from cd but it tryed to read it but couldnt.

I dont know if this is because of my old dvd drive because as far as i recall it didnt work in the end.

i will show a screen shot of the iso options i used to see if i did it right.

but it is possible my old dvd drive dont work.

Attached Files:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i dont know what the right settings are (i never used nero burning rom), but u can try imgburn to burn the image.

u can also use nero express (if u have it).

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

maybe the iso is corrupted?? you can have a look on the cd to see if it just copied the iso, or burnt it correctly and has several files on the cd.

do you have an error message when you try and boot, or does nothing happen at all?

you can get linux dvds with linux magazines if you really want one. the latest version of Linux format (which came out in England today) has SUSE Enterprise inside.

you can burn an iso with one of these -
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/burncdcc.html
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/ISORecorder.html

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it came up with a message saying you have added a iso image to the curreent empty disc do you want to burn the image instead? and i clicked ok and burnt it.

the thing is the disc tryed to spin but made tons of noise and couldnt read the disc sounded like my mates ps2 that no longer works lol. as far as I remember last time I tryed to put dvd in that pc when in windows it couldnt read it so i think its the drives fault. I might buy a new cheap drive. it makes tons of noises likes its trying to read but really cant.

thanks for the tip i will probaly buy one of those mags.

5. stevetwc

stevetwc Registered Member

After you have launched Nero Burning ROM, click Recorder->Copy Disc. If you still not confident in doing this, use Nero Express and select the option to copy disc. If you can boot from the original CD, the duplicated disc will be able to boot too.

If you cant boot from the original disc, then you might be having an ISO image. To burn properly, in Nero Burning ROM, click Recorder->Burn Image, then select the ISO file to burn it. If you are using RW disc, try to erase it first before burning to ensure problem-free experience, by clicking Recorder->Erase Rewritable Disc

Hope this helps.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

its a once only disc. and its to a dvd. do you mean cancel the wizard and then click on recorder tab and then click on burn image?

thanks ive now done that and will try it later. ive tryed it but it trys to read it but takes to long so then boots from next device which is hard drive. so i will probaly get a new dvd drive and try again.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  7. stevetwc

stevetwc Registered Member

Yes, you have to cancel the wizard, then only you can access the menu.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks but it seems to be my drive

9. True Orient

True Orient Registered Member

10. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Just a random thought, have you compared the MD5 checksum with the DVD iso checksum provided on the openSUSE website?

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

no i havent.

so i use that program to burn the image staraight to dvd?

ok i have used that little program to burn it and will then test it

I have tested it

boot order is as folows

floopy drive
    atapi cd rom which is the only cd drive option in bios so it still knows its dvd in drive
    hard drive.
    and what ever after.

it finds no floopy so goes to dvd. tries to read disc but keeps trying for around 5mins then goes to next boot device whihc is hard drive.

so it cant read the disc so the computers gives up on it and goes to hardrive.

i have checked the disc and it has all the info in the right place. it seems my hunch about my dvd was right but that program did work.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  12. vyshumani

vyshumani Registered Member

hi thanks a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.