Surely something can be done with archive?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by atd, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atd

atd Registered Member

I have an archive that including the .pbf comes to 82GB, across 44 files.

Integrity check reports user aborted during creation, which may well have been the case. I hace seen this elsewhere in the forum: -

"Unfortunately we can't access a corrupted archive. It's worth a try to use the File Transfer Wizard, double click the .PBF file and see if it "digs" into the archive. 0x200BA tells me that creation of the archive was aborted during the backup, rendering it useless."

Surely theremust be a way to interrogate the partial backup to recover at least some of the contents?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

There's not much we can do with a corrupted archive. Is this your only backup archive and you must retrieve files from it?

For future references, you can disable the image splitting to do a cleaner backup to only 1-4 files, depending how many partitions you have. In the Tools > Settings, uncheck the image splitting option.

3. atd

atd Registered Member

Thanks for the swift response Tommy.

I'm surprised that there aren't tools for extracting information in this circumstance. It is not as though this is the event horizon of a black hole. Whatever the encryption / compression / method, it is a logical certainty that data recovery is possible. This is especially so, given the way in which drives work (blocks, sectors - logical system), compared to more random phenomena.

Well, that said, I guess it's not going to happen. One would have thought that a controlled termination of the backup process would not lead to the sort of catastrophic failure that could be expected if the drive had physically failed.

Looks like we have 80GB to type again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.