support for processguard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by gv02448, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gv02448

gv02448 Registered Member

Hi everybody,

I'm new in this forum, and became member to find a solution to a problem i've run into. I have been using processguard now for a longer period and never had any problems with it. But after buying O&O Defrag Pro i find the first product which i cannot get going. I also have Zonealarm Pro which is setup correct for the use of O&O Defrag. Did anyone had the same problem? Or does someone knows the reason for this?
    The O&O package starts without a problem, but after that the window of O&O does not show any activity. all commands end up with a wait situation.

Before i forget to mention it i LOVE processguard, finaly something that gives ME control on what happens on my PC.:thumb:

Thanks in advance for any comment.

regards ben

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Gv02448,

O&O Defrag may well need to be given a Protection entry in Process Guard, most likely to load drivers, to function. As long as you have the ProcGuard GUI running (it needs to be "Run As" Administrator, if you normally use a limited user), you can check the Alerts tab to see if PG has blocked any activity (and you have the option to receive a popup notification also).

3. dom5885

dom5885 Registered Member

O&O Defrag needs access to the Internet before it will get past the initial window. You must set ZoneAlarm to allow O&O Defrag this access. If your worry is that O&O defrag will 'phone home', there is no need to worry... O&O Defrag requires this permission because it makes use of TCP/IP protocol.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.