support for flash drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kevgal, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevgal

Kevgal Guest

I've had great success using ATI 8 with my 2 1/2" drive and a USB external case. I can boot from the recovery CD and it is able to see both my internal drive/partitions and also my external USB drive/partitions. However, I am not able to get ATI to see my 1GB Sandisk thumb (flash) drive. If I plug in both my USB hard drive carrier and my thumb drive and then boot from the CD, ATI can see the hard drive but not the flash! I have tried a couple other generic brand thumb drives but none show up to ATI. Any ideas or suggestions? I did create the boot cd as a "full version" and not just "safe".

--
    Kevgal

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kevgal,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "I am not able to get ATI to see my 1GB Sandisk thumb (flash) drive"? Are you trying to store the image to this drive or create an image of it? If the latter you won't be able to do that because your thumb drive is removable media and Acronis True Image creates images only of hard drives (not removable media).

If you cannot choose flash drive as a place where to store the image please make sure your Acronis Bootable CD is created with the latest (826) build and if the problem persists please create sysinfo.txt file in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. VPTECH

VPTECH Registered Member

you have to create a boot cd, then find a utility on the web to extract the boot image from the cd and transfer it to the flash drive. It can be done, its a pain in the butt and its really slow booting from the flash drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.