Superbird or Dubiousbird?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I was at Softpedia's website and noticed a browser named Superbird, based on Chromium.

I checked the website, and besides not offerering nothing new (judging by the screenshots), at all, such as a built-in adblocker for instance, I think :rolleyes: I've seen similar comparisons somewhere else...

Seriously, why do people bother "developing" software that offers nothing that the original doesn't already? o_O Then, make these comparisons to scare users? (In my opinion, it's only meant for FUD.)

-http://superbird.me/en/superbird-vs-chrome

Why not offer something more productive to people? :blink:

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

This is the bad side of open source. Anybody can cook up a project sitting in their bedroom, and anybody can copy said project a hundred times over and just change the name. This "Superbird" is nothing more than SRWare Iron with a new name, and both play on the same fear that obviously most people have gotten over and never really existed in the first place. I wonder at times if people realize a lot of the speed from Chrome is due to data going to Google and Google having an idea of where you're trying to go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.