superantispyware why me?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lodore, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

thanks.lodore.i just got the pm with the link thanks.iam realy missing kis cant wait to put it backon...

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

When we provide debug/test build links, please don't send those around as we then have no way of knowing who is using which build - please have people contact us via our support system and we can assist each user personally - it just makes life easier :)

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I appreciate your suggestions - each user has their preferences on what should and shouldn't be on the menus, UI, etc. - We take into account all suggestions and keep all user suggested items on our list - that's not saying they will all be implemented, but we do take them into serious consideration.

We may allow users to customize the menus in the Professional version in the future.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

sorry about sending the file around.
    lodore

5. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

sorry for asking you to send it to me lodore...

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

does superantispyware now complete a scan with kis installed?
    lodore

7. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Hope you don't mind me tagging this onto your thread, Lodore.

I'm trying out KiS with Superantispyware. When I start the PC Superantispyware wants to call home to update. No problem. Kis only offers allow or deny for this outbound activity. No 'create rule' is offered.

How can I make 'allow' permanent?

8. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

Hi tisatashar

You can control when SAS starts,SAS scans or when it tries to update via the "Preferences" tab>>"General and Startup menu" displayed in attached image file if you rather it dose it thing another way :)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
  9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it you use the drop down box on the kaspersky anti-hacker popup select any activity then click allow.
    next time it will just allow it.
    lodore

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

superantispyware

Hi, this time i have kept superantispyware installed it is growing on me
    i love the little bug icon in the task bar.
    can someone show me a picture of the pro version right click menu after you have payed for it?
    because it wont have the purchase buttons on the right click menu if you have payed for it.
    atm I just use the free version.
    it updates alot.
    when i open it im glad it doesn't open the interface but merely puts the tray icon
    so I could just right click and check for updates.
    not like spy sweeper which takes like 2minutes to load and slows the computer down tons as it drags its way up.

I now like the main interface since its uncluttered and easy to use. and no over the top graphics.

I was just looking at Superadblocker and noticed the title at the top looked a bit more professional.
    I think it across the top of superantispyware preferences you replaced the little man with a red cross and replaced it withe either text like on Superadblocker or the little bug icon like the icon in taskbar it would look tons better.

now im gonna update my sig to include superantispyware fan
    lodore

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  11. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Re: superantispyware

Your wish:

Attached Files:

• SAS.gif
      SAS.gif
      File size:
      4.9 KB
      Views:
  12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hmm still seems a bit cluttered.
    better if it had the five sections from the top and exit and thats it.
    the rest e.g. find out whats running on your computer,whats new in this release,tell a friend etc should be in the main interface and not cluttering the right click menu.
    PS Merry Christmas to you as well!
    lodore

13. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

That sounds like my Windows98 desktop which sometimes took 5 minutes to boot up waiting for the McAfee VirusScan icon to show up on the system tray. McAfee finally stopped working on my machine after their update files now cannot be processed by old program versions. So they did me a favor by preventing my use of the program from here on out. :thumb:

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

@ccsito,
    i used to like spsyweeper in the first version i had which was 3.5 then it upgraded to 4.0 and it was good. but 4.5 onwards got worse and worse....
    they used to be a great small company but now they getting bigger they forgot there customers and it gets more and more bloated with adding pointless addons without making the old stuff work first.
    why add an av to it everyone has got a av!
    whats next there crappy firewall?:D
    its time to go to the small guy again.
    lodore

15. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Lodore,
    Actually, the trend appears to be suite applications. I saw a promotion for McAfee VirusScan Plus which includes the firewall and AS along with AV. I also saw another promotion for Zone Alarm Internet Security which is a multipurpose set of programs. Both were offered for free after rebate. I used to go gaga for free software (I got boxloads of stuff from five years ago that I got for free after rebate but never used). I also saw a promo for Webroot Firewall for free along with Spy Sweeper after rebate. Did I go out and buy all of this FREE software? Nah. Decided that they are probably too bloated. But you have to be aware that most computer stores will have them in stock and you will never see software like the truly free programs since they don't want to be offering something for nothing. :D So they have to peddle the programs that will provide sustenance for the retailers even if they are full of **** :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.