SUPERAntiSpyware v.4.41.1000 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hayc59, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

According to a couple of online speed tests, one says: 600.005 KB.

Another test says: 2.34 Mbps for Download Speed and 0.37 Mbps for Upload Speed.

I'm also using a Netgear router, Windows firewall, avast! antivirus, and Prevx SafeOnline.
  2. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Apparently, SUPERAntiSpy must not have appreciated my answer. :D However, I'm sure that everyone doesn't have full-powered highspeed. Some people only have highspeed lite. :)
  3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Actually, I took a test at another site and I clocked in at 844.99 kbps and 103.15 KB/sec, which reminded me that I had upgraded from highspeed lite to regular highspeed. :D Although, another test site(cnet.com) clocked me in at 1933 kbps. o_O
  4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The speed of your connection is fine, it shouldn't take that long - have you tried disabling your other security software (as a test) to see if the time is shorter?
  5. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Such as my ant-virus and Prevx SafeOnline, which are my only real-time software programs(besides my firewall)? If yes, no, I haven't tried disabling any of those.
  6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Well, I disabled my Avast anti-virus and Prevx SafeOline when downloading updates and that seemed to have worked. However, I tried that today, but the Update dialogue box still seemed to hang a bit. But I clicked on the "Update" link again and then another Update dialogue box updated pretty quickly, but the previous Update dialog box was still stuck on my screen. o_O

However, I eventually clicked on 'Start' and 'Turn Off Computer' and let the screen go gray for a few seconds, and then I clicked on 'Cancel' and then the hanging Update dialogue box disappeared.
  7. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Also, I wanted to mention that there could be a "patience" issue going on here with me.

SAS takes a little bit longer to download updates than some applications....and even though it takes longer than a minute, it still takes about less than two minutes. Therefore in addition to turning off Prevx and Avast, I just need to be a little bit more patient with the download. :)

However, in one of your future versions, it would be nice to have a 'percentage' indicator associated with your update downloader similar to the way that some applications have. :)
  8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Version 5.0 has that, as well is 30% smaller definition files :)
  9. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Cool. :cool: I'll have to download version 5.0.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.