SUPERAntiSpyware review at PCMag

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lucas1985, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Sweet.

Thanks,

Chris

2. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

June what as in day and what year?

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It will be posted by the end of June 2007. If you need something better to do than make smart comments on the forums, we can always use help in harvesting malware - that actually helps users! :)

4. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

I ask two questions only.Using your vauge response I take answer one as June 30'th, correct?Also may I state,why would I help you advance your business, as in how much do you pay?

5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Let me make this clear for you - the responses will be posted by Saturday, June 30, 2007, midnight Pacific Standard Time.

Most users that want help in the fight against malware do so by submitting to all vendors free of charge to help users of all products. If you harvest malware, make sure to submit to all AV and AS companies so everyone receives the samples to help product the end-users.

6. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Let me make this clear to you,Now people have at least one clear answer as to June 30'th for a response,much too long in comming I might add.As for your other response,I do not need you or any other to help me protect any computers,period.Would you like to talk real computer code?It was at the start two questions only, yet you chose to go on an attact,why?

7. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I am not attacking you at all. Most people would have taken "by the end of June 2007" as the "end of June 2007". I was not trying to be vague, I was simply stating by the "end of June 2007".

If you would like to talk "real computer code", I am more than happy to discuss anything you would like to discuss, at the lowest level. I have been developing professional software for over 25 years, and have been involved in low-level Windows development since the first versions of Windows appeared many years ago. :)

I am more than happy to discuss any technical or non-technical topic you, or other users are curious about. I am always interested in furthering the education of computer users and learning from fellow users!

8. saddletramp

saddletramp Registered Member

being as i was using altavista to search for superantispyware reviews, i found this thread. had to register to post. probably not the proper place for what i'm about to ask, but it is under reviews and am including somewhat of a review.

i think it could be a great program if reboots weren't required after installing or removing items, although another person on another forum i am in, says his does neither! that's my review!

my issue is, i have installed this on 2 of my machines so far and gotten this error after installing but before restarting, both times. i click canel, it asks if i'm sure i wish to abort, i say yes, it closes. program still seems to work fine.

also, when i clicked the link to go to the blog site, http://superantispyware.blogspot.com/, it is already listed in my restricted sites list!! i've NEVER been anywhere near this site or that site in my life, so i know i didn't enter it there!!

Attached Files:

9. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I get that infinite loop when I install a new version also. I just click
    the choice to finish the install later and the program seems to work OK despite the early termination of the install process. I don't know about the blog site being blacklisted. Which program has it blacklisted?

10. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

If you use the built in updater, SUPERAntiSpyware will simply update itself and you are all set.

11. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

The blog redirects to a very suspicious page.

12. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

A bunch of blogs on Google's Blogger got hacked, and ours was one of them, but I can't seem to get them to repond to me to reset it.

13. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

It's obvious that this is their fault, not yours :)
    I wonder if this is an indication of their response times :doubt:

14. saddletramp

Yes, as I said, it seems to work fine after simply closing out the error message and the installation process. First thing I do and the program does is update itself.

Like I asked also though, why are reboots required after doing anything with this program? By anything, I mean after install and removing lousy tracking cookies, which is the only thing this program found and is the only thing any other spyware programs have ever found on any of my machines.

Thanks for the replies to peeps.

15. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have never worked out why superantispyware needs to reboot to get rid of a tracking cookies.
    but he reboot to install and uninstall the program is needed to install and uninstall the drivers for the program.
    lodore

16. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The reboot should only be required if the cookies are locked or in-use. This can happen if you have more than one account on your system, or IE (or something using IE) is holding the index.dat or cookie file in a locked state.

17. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Boy does that bring back memories going back to Win 98/Me. Micro malmanaged still locks those TEMP .dat's that require a reboot to flush. I said it before and i'll say it again, $M might have done better to go into the copy machine business because their O/S's, all of them, are nothing more but a compact version of a copying machine that duplicates nearly everything that moves via the user interaction and even itself. Heh, he.

I spend the most time after every session of first clearing the temps etc. then re-deleting the deleted files from disc and removing those file records. After that the disc/system runs much better since the drive's read heads don't have something still on disc to stop and evaluate, or as i like to say, climb/stumble over to get to the real legitimate data. Same goes for defragging.

18. saddletramp

that explains that then. exactly the way each situation has worked out so far. i've now installed it on 4 machines and 2 of them have more than one account and the other 2 are just single user machines.

thank you

19. besafe

besafe Registered Member

Well, June will be over in 2 days. I am looking forward to reading the responses on the SASwebsite rgearding the PC mag and Gizmo reviews.

Nick...you still on target to have the responses posted on the blog by then?

20. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I will be posting the Gizmo one today or this weekend, and the PC Mag one next week time permitting.

21. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Several off topic posts removed. Please respect the topic of the thread.

22. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

As I have said before, I think the boys at PC Mag give the reviewing job to the office boy. They never get it right, or they contradict themselves issue to issue. SUPERAntispyware is a smokin' app. I have a copy of the Pro and so do members of my extended family. :cool:

23. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

24. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

As I think someone else mentioned, If your pc has more than one user, SA might make you reboot after clearing your quarantine for instance. I noticed it after installing SA pro on my Daughters pc. I am the lone user on my computer and don't have to reboot.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  25. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Your blog got hacked? Wow. Looks very bad for you considering the business you are in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.