Superantispyware question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MICRO, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

When I D\L the SAS updates daily via dialup they take a very long time to D\L and I am wondering if I am unwittingly sabotaging the D\L's - Every other App. D\L's
    send it to their OWN folders but SAS always sends their SSUpdates to the TEMP folder and I clean that folder EVERY 20 or 30 minutes as part of a not wanting any rubbish - Can anyone please advise if that's the reason for the daily D\L taking forever - in other words by my cleaning the TEMP folder
    so quickly am I causing the SAS D\L to be continually deleted almost as soon as I've downloaded it ? If so how might I overcome the problem other than via not cleaning, because I can't get rid of my OCD ?

2. kencat

kencat Registered Member

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

SAS launches its update from the TEMP folder, so all I can suggest is to not clean the folder while SAS is updating. You can clean afterwards tho.

4. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Thanks Kcat and WS.,

I checked your addy cat, and Nick from SAS who replied first to your question
    appears to say that one can Delete any time after the Update - he refers to
    any other way via the Temp folder would necessitate a restart, but not one of my many other Apps. requires a restart after an update - oh once in a while AVG does it's own thing by holding off installing an update until the computer restarts SOMEtime in the future, but none of my others -

why I thought wrongly was due to SAS taking 20 minutes to D\L 10 or 12 bits of
    text or code, or whatever it is, while AVG takes 10 seconds, Spywareblaster's Updates are faster than the speed of sound regardless of how many bits they D\L, S&D takes 5 minutes for numerous items, and so on.

Regards.

5. kencat

kencat Registered Member

Updates take no more than a minute on my rig. I don't think 20 minutes is normal. You may want to contact SAS's support from their website to sort that out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.