Superantispyware false positive Mamutu

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rainwalker, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Been checking out Mamutu and during an SAS update SAS was flagged. Seems too late in the Mantu game for that.....anyone ?

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Flagged? Or did it just give a popup for a suspicious behavior?

3. Rainwalker

Suspicious behavior. OK, seems like this would be expected due to the way Mamutu works. So I have to build my own whitelist from scratch....right ?

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Not really. Mamutu has its own whitelist but it can't keep up with everything.

I'm not sure if they ever fixed this but it used to be that if a process was whitelisted by Mamutu it would no longer have any of the applied restrictions. That's why I dropped it.

5. Rainwalker

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Not sure this is related but I had problems with last night's update too. Mamutu always has to be restarted after every update I get, which is becoming a PITA. But anyway, after last night's update and "needs restarted" notice I clicked Mamutu to restart and Mamutu froze and eventually crashed. Actually after Mamutu was not responding I got my Windows notice that had the options to either wait or kill Mamutu. I chose kill and Mamutu closed and I had to restart it manually.

7. Rainwalker

Possibly related to a similar experience I had yesterday. To much of a PITA for me.
    Thanks

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

So are you going to try a different behavior blocker? If so, which one?

9. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I have used Mamutu for quite a while(though not using it now) and it only needed to restart occasionally if there was a program or framework update, but usually it was just an update for the whitelist. A few times I did have problems with a program update failing every time, so it could be that Mamutu downloads an program update, restarts, fails and then does so again each update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.