SUPERAntiSpyware 5.x

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mops21, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boombastik

boombastik Registered Member

Re: SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0

Everytime SAS updates the definitions, it always sends me back to windows during full screen programmes. Like games. (like alt tab)I also see in the sas forum someone else also has this problem.

In options for updates i have checked to not inform me.

(I use the last trial version)

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Please submit a support request on our site and we can assist you
    http://www.superantispyware.com/csr

3. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

I'm having an odd problem with Superantispyware Pro. I have the latest version. I am using it on a computer (Windows 7, 32-bit) with three accounts. There is no problem on the account on which I loaded the program. But on the other two accounts, when user accounts are changed, I am constantly getting a message that Superantispyware needs to be updated (something about being seven days since it has been updated). Also, when I click on the product I can't update.

I think it is probably working okay on all accounts. But on the other two accounts it is messaging that the program needs to be updated.

4. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

Latest SAS went crazy, i'm suddenly full of trojans lol

Attached Files:

• SAS.png
      SAS.png
      File size:
      55.5 KB
      Views:
  5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Can you post your scan log so we can see what version of the product, definitions, etc. you are using?

6. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

You mean that?

Attached Files:

7. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

8. Senhor_F

Senhor_F Registered Member

Win 7 x64 here. I have SAS free installed without real-time protection or scheduled scanning enabled. One thing that's not working for me is the context menu scanning option. It just isn't there when I right click a folder etc. despite the option being checked in the settings.

Anyone have a similar problem and/or a solution?

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Wow, it's still like that. What's the point of all the new fancy stuff like background services and frequent updates when the bloody context menu doesn't appear without opening the program?

10. Senhor_F

Yep, still like that. After some googling it looks like a common complaint/issue. Some have said that SAS has to be running for it to appear in the context menu, but I tried loading the program first and still got nothing.

Strange, and really too bad...

11. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Sadly the program seems to be going downhill lately and other threads in this forum seem to indicate it also.
    Pity it used to be a good program.:ninja:

12. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It's on our list of items to add - we have been focused on performance and detection on this last release.

13. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We absolutely are not going downhill - we simply haven't added that one option - we have been focusing on performance and detection.

14. Senhor_F

I have no idea if SAS is going downhill because I haven't seen any detection or cleaning tests done recently, or maybe ever. Lots of people still seem to think highly of it, and that's why I have it on my comp now. But there is no denying that this is flat out strange to have gone uncorrected for so long and for no good reason, and if that is the response that people are getting I've decided to just uninstall the program.

I hate to be rude since you offer SAS for free on demand, but I find this response pretty laughable and insulting. It's a simple matter of writing some basic code, is it not? I have had SAS installed on and off over the years on various comps and this has been an issue all along.

Why is it that comparable programs like MBAM and Emsisoft include a context menu scanning option without a hitch while SAS developers can't write a simple piece of code?

15. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Hey Nick, on the scanning control settings, if I remove the default checks from say "ignore files larger than 4mb", "ignore non exe" and "scan known file types", does that effect the real time scanner at all or just the on-demand/scheduled scanner?

I just want to make sure it doesn't add to system resources or cause system slow downs when using the machine (not scheduled/on-demand scanning).

Thanks!

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

17. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I love because not only does it remove trojans, it also removes harmful/tracking cookies with other programs completely ignore!

SAS FTW!

UPDATE:

SUPERAntiSpyware v5.6.1014

18. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@berryracer
    Good for you.

19. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

For those of you who want to derail yet another SAS thread, you need to stop it now. This thread is specifically about the ongoing releases of SAS v5.X - release schedule; release notes; feature changes; bugs fixed; new bugs found... Nothing more. It has been going on for two years and it needs to stay on topic to that purpose.

There are plenty of other threads about MRG testing, in general, and SAS issues in particular. The most recent one finished up just a short time ago and expressed all the points you are trying to bring into this thread. It gets particularly lively starting on page 2. See it here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=332352

In there you'll see the SAS vs MRG issues. You'll see what Nick wrote, as well as his critics and also the supporters of SAS. Lots there to digest.

If you are wondering how SAS did in the MRG tests (or others) that all is mentioned there. Read it all and make up your own minds. SAS is either a good tool or not. Nick is either a good guy or he's not. People are either happy about all this or they are not. It's all there and that's where it is going to stay for now. We will not have yet another thread derailed into what that thread turned into.

20. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

21. Senhor_F

Apologies. I didn't intend to stir up needless drama -- I guess it's an example of what can stem from an innocent question. Thanks for the clarification.

22. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I have been unable to get my key to work for months, and support hasn't answered me other than to say 'sorry bad key'. Well I know it is a bad key, it wasn't when I purchased it!

Terrible mistake purchasing this product, no doubt.

23. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I had a key for SAS that got banned, SAS are very trigger-ban prone when swapping a licence from one PC to another or doing clean installs.

24. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

If I can find my key, I'd be happy to give it to you.

I'll never use it again -- as SAS is useless software.

25. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Similar problem here - I have 2 keys - screwed up and paid twice and keep getting notices I have exceeded my number of installations. I actually have them on just 2 computers, but since they are replacement pc's for 2 that died, I guess my Lifetime License isn't any good. Who knows? I have submitted a ticket for support, but no word yet. I'm not going to pursue it tho - not that excited about SAS anymore.

Update - suddenly my desktop has Pro on it again.....never heard from SAS but now have a licensed version - strange.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.