Suggestions for CryptoSuit

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by specsav, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. specsav

specsav Registered Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Hi, after trying the trial version of CryptoSuit I found it to be very easy and simple application to work with, but I also noticed that I felt it missed some features, so I would like to suggest them. First of all the compression rate is not the best, it is about on pair with zip, but is easily beaten by both rar and 7-zip. Now considering that 7-zip is a free and open I would think that adding compression just as good as 7-zip would be possible without to much trouble. The smaller the file the easier it is to send through the internet. Secondly I would like to be able to chose what encryption cipher to use, if CryptoSuit should use 2 or more ciphers on top of another or if it should only use one. Of course I would also like to be able to decided in what order the ciphers should be used. Another thing would be to add support for Serpent as a possible cipher since many perceive it as more secure then both Rijndael and Twofish (compared as single cipher versus single cipher). Also adding WHIRLPOOL as a hash function would be very nice, again for the same reasons as adding Serpent, it is considered by some a more secure algorithm. Another nice thing to see in CryptoSuit would be support for Diffie-Hellman and ElGamal. I am probably asking for much here, especially things which other people might consider unecessary, but I feel that choice increases security. Lastly adding support for signing files and encrypting using public/private key pairs, much like the way PGP works would definitivly make CryptoSuit more attractive to people that need to send sensitive files. I would like to see support for the OpenPGP standard of public/private key pairs, but the PKCS #12, X.509 public/private keypairs would be good too (the best of course would be support for both). That is about all the ideas I have for now.

I decided to post this here because I wanted to see what other people think about my suggestions. Is it asking for to much? Any other suggestions people here might think about? A problem I had and would like to ask about is how is the support offered by the company that makes CryptoSuit? I ask this because I had sent emails some time ago (quite some time ago actually) and never received any response to any of them. Am I mising something?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.