suggestion for hardware wired base firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mack_guy911, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Just wondering which is best hardware base wired firewall

which is not very costly but have all advance dedicated firewall features and support XP, linux,vista OS.

i got netgear wpn824 router but not happy with its firewall lot of users sugessted me to buy linksys WRT54GL but my had to buy netgear because my brother want router with good range not with good firewall now i want to buy a wired base firewall to work between my netgear router and modem.......

i dont want to configure software base
    firewall on all my computers all protection is needed by hardware base firewall it should have outbond/inbound protection mode rather than port forward type which is quite easy to understand and configure......

do linsys wired base router also have good firewall and support open source.......

In short i need your help to chose a good and cheap firewall to work between by modem and router..............

THANKS to all for you kind replay..........

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You're not going to find much of a difference across the consumer grade routers when it comes to their NAT features. NAT is NAT...and their SPI is..well, that's about it..just basic SPI.

What to build yourself a linux router? Really very very easy....replace your router with one of these...
    www.untangle.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.