Substituting a partition

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by joelrosado, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelrosado

joelrosado Registered Member

Aug 3, 2008
    My Sony Vaio laptop came with a hidden partition for recovery (F11 at boot). But using it destroys all data and reinstalls Windows XP. I recently usedTrue Image Home 11 to create a recovery partition that will let me keep my applications, data and settings. Using an old version of Partition Expert I was able to delete the Sony 7GB partition, but it is now unallocated space. I want to add that space to my main (C:) partition, but nothing seems to let me do that. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Jun 12, 2008

two possibilities:

1. You need software which can delete and enlarge partitions (e.g. DiskDirector from Acronis).
    This is the easy way to do that.

2. I suppose you have an image of your partition which you want to resize (created by TrueImage).
    Copy the TIB-files on a spare disk. Delete all the partitions on your destination disk. Start your Ti with the rescue-CD and restore the image-TIB-files.
    This is a little more ambitious and this technique can destroy all your data (even if the image is not valid, the rescue-CD doesn't recognize your spare disk/TIB-CDs, etc)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.