Subscription

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by redman, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redman

redman Registered Member

Does anyone know what the current upgrade subscription costs are for LooknStop and roughly how often it has to be renewed to keep up with the current versions? Also, does the software continue to work if one decides not to upgrade for a while?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Unless, policy has changed, AT THE PRESENT TIME, all minor upgrades for LooknStop are free until a MAJOR upgrade is needed.

I presume (hope) that when a major upgrade is eventually required, then current users will be able to obtain the new version at a reduced fee!

Therefore, since the present version is 2.04, and the next update is 2.05, upgrades will be free until version 3.0 is released. I have only paid the initial purchase price so far and that was over 19 months ago. And it has carried on working!!!!!

A lot of firewall programs now have an annual license/renewal fee, similar to AV programs. For example, Kaspersky AntiHacker, which I did use, has an annual renewal/license fee of $34. Therefore, I consider LooknStop to be the best value commercial firewall on the market.

3. redman

redman Registered Member

Thanks. That sound pretty fair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.